Options

Have you ever had a blown tire on your T@b?

13»

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    No. I have the original tires and so far, so good.
    Thanks Yanni.  Perfect answer to my question!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    TravelnguyTravelnguy Member Posts: 2
    I am new to the Tab family having just purchase my first one last week.  BUT I do have a lot of experience traveling with an RV and blow outs.  From 2001-2007 I was RVing with a large Prevost bus.  I had a blow out on the inside of the dual back tires.  It took out my air brakes too.  Tough situation, but all turned out well.  From 2017-2019 I had a truck and 5th wheel.  I had two blow outs on the 5th wheel about a year apart.  I had very good tires on both rigs.  I installed a tire monitor system for the 5th wheel and it saved me both times.  If you don't notice the problem soon enough it will destroy the area around the tire.  I have seen several.  I just purchased a tire monitoring system for my Tab.   Is that overkill??  I don't see that anyone on this forum has said anything about a tire monitor.
    Robert in Hot Springs Village, AR
    2018 320s/2022 Wrangler Rubicon
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 591
    edited July 2022
    @Travelnguy I'm not sure how many have a TPMS but I do! The beginning of my second season, I replaced the stock tires with Goodyear Endurance with metal valve stems and added the TPMS. Both give me peace of mind.

What Tab did you just purchase? Welcome to the family.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    GhannanGhannan Member Posts: 4
    mine came with one Apex and one Goodyear endurance.  2023 tab400 boondock
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    edited May 2023
    Last month we replaced the factory Trailer Kings with the Carlisles mentioned by @YanniLazarus and had the same good experience. We're not using a TPMS but can't argue with the value of having one!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Black93fiveOBlack93fiveO Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2023
    Yes, it happened with the original tires on the T@b.
    In the first month of ownership.  Switched to Goodyear endurance.
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 310

Put 18,000 miles on our ‘21 Tab 320 in a year and a half. Tires were still in great shape when we sold it and upgraded to a ‘23 Tab 400. It has the Goodyear tires and we’ve put on about 6,000 miles so far and smooth sailing. 

MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 356
    No, but I have replaced the original tires. (Please indicate which tires you use in the comments below.)
    I'm a no with replacement tires. And we are getting ready to replace again. The results are as one would expect, a single axle trailer has few blowouts. 
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
    No, but I have replaced the original tires. (Please indicate which tires you use in the comments below.)
    Just replace my original tires with Goodyear Endurance tires but have not taken any trips. The original tires on my 2018 400 were manufactured in 2017. My new tires surprisingly were manufactured just this year! 
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 
  • Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    I’ll stir the pot I’m sure;  trailer tires (all made in China) are pulled off day one on horse and cattle trailers by anyone protecting their investment. They are replaced with LT tires. Speed rating well above 75-80. RVs fall under the same issue, ST tires may be rated for 75, but look further into temp rating. It’ll scare you. As far as stiffer sidewalls, run the numbers on the sidewall stress a Toyota Corolla puts on the front tires when turning. There is a reason ST tires are NOT wallowed on vehicles. However there is no law on LT or even passenger tires on trailers. Just keep the load range in mind. 

I’ll stand back now and take my punishment. PS, airstream standard equipment is now LT tires. I’m running Michelin LT on our 2021 320 boondock
  • Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62
    The only problem I have with people putting light truck tires on their trailer is if they believe that will now make it safe to tow at 70+ miles per hour. The higher speed rating does not translate into safety at higher speeds. When towing it will always be safer to slow down and enjoy the ride at 65mph (IMHO). 
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 181
    Haven't had any tire blowouts thankfully. I replaced the original tires with Goodyear Endurance ones. I also use a solar powered Tire Minder system to monitor tire pressure and temperature. The display is mounting on my windshield. Piece of mind. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    MickerlyMickerly Member Posts: 356
    Most trailer tires are made in China; a number of those actually meet their specified ratings. Better ST tires are made in Thailand and the Philippines. Goodyear Endurance is made in the U.S. and has an outstanding history of reliability.

You shouldn't judge all ST tires by the Chinese ones, particularly the inexpensive ones. LT, P (normal car), and ST tires are constructed differently for different purposes. Also, the tire may not be your limiting factor. Changing to a tire with a higher weight limit or speed rating doesn't necessarily increase your allowed weight or make the trailer safe at higher speed.

I completely agree with your point of replacing original issue tires and I agree with being careful and not following the crowd. You didn't stir too much.

By the way, ST tires are not allowed on vehicles because the rubber compound is hard and will not provide the traction required. It has nothing to do with load ratings or sidewall strength.
    2018 320CS-S
    "Just Enough"
  • Options
    DaveAnnaDaveAnna Member Posts: 41
    I stand corrected-the Goodyear endurance are made here. I have asked Goodyear for the temp rating of these tires, should hear back this week. Driving from S Texas through west Texas the temps on the pavement can be extremely high. Temp C rating is 212F I believe