Options

Coffee making ---- For those of us who are hard core drinkers

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    ericnliz said:
    OH NO! I almost forgot the Irish cream! :o
    :ohstop:  No thanks, black for me!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yep, black. Why screw up a good thing.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Have you ever tried it? Might  put a whole new perspective in life for ya'! Black is good but when all you're doing is getting up, and going fishing [for fresh rainbows for breakfast], who cares! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I prefer my Irish Cream on the side, chilled :-)
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Starbucks is pure POX! Blows my mind how many people swear by it. Awful shyte,  :anguished:
    Oh & Irish cream in coffee  = Baileys. Salted Caramel flavored is amazing!  
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    LOL I adore all the coffee variations people love!! This reminds me of the conversations my large family has every Thanksgiving spent at the Outer Banks and the multiple coffee pots going every morning for a week. There's usually a door shelf in the frig that holds special creamers for those who don't drink it black. Then an array of raw sugar, artificial sweeteners and other additives are available. Some stirring spoons look like they've been dissolved partially after some of the mud, er, coffee made. :lol:

We all agree to laugh and disagree as to what people like. Hairy eyeballs and good-natured pokes in the morning are the norm (careful about poking the people who growl before coffee - you may lose a digit).

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    edited June 2016
    This morning at our T@B... a real esspresso, of course! This is ONE little luxury we cherish, and since we always stay at campgrounds with electric + water, a Nesspresso Pixie is permanently on board (it travels on the bottom of the kitchen cabinet).

2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    Ok, I've got my cup in hand, and I'm comin' over! Got irish cream? ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    Just come over, we'll figure something out  ;).
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    tingle49tingle49 Member Posts: 13
    We got this Bodum pour over at Target makes great coffee. I use the paper filters for a smooth rich flavor. Shown front bottom left. 
    Sometimes I think well; sometimes I don 't think so well... 
  • Options
    JustjudyJustjudy Member Posts: 75
    I saw ChanW's post about the AeroPress and did some research. It seemed 
    Iike the ticket for me. I ordered one from Amazon along with a cool little grinder from Blisslii. They arrived about an hour ago and I immediately tried them out. In minutes I had a perfect Americano. Strong, but smooth, and not at all bitter. Cleanup was a dream. Essentially, you just expel a "puck" of compacted coffee grounds. No muss, no fuss. I am sold! And no shore power needed. The water can be heated on the stove, or outside on a Coleman.
    The gear is compact -  perfect for the T@B! The photo shows the filters in their holder with the press stowed on top. Inside I have the paddle stirrer, the measuring spoon and an instant-read thermometer.

Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited June 2016
    I like the looks of that little grinder.

Makes a great cup of coffee, doesn't it, Justjudy

Here's a good mod for keeping your filters together:

And if you want to bother with washing it, you can get a washable metal filter (ablebrewing.com) like you see on top of ours there.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Justjudy said:
    I saw ChanW's post about the AeroPress and did some research. It seemed 
    Iike the ticket for me. I ordered one from Amazon along with a cool little grinder from Blisslii. They arrived about an hour ago and I immediately tried them out. In minutes I had a perfect Americano. Strong, but smooth, and not at all bitter. Cleanup was a dream. Essentially, you just expel a "puck" of compacted coffee grounds. No muss, no fuss. I am sold! And no shore power needed. The water can be heated on the stove, or outside on a Coleman.
    The gear is compact -  perfect for the T@B! The photo shows the filters in their holder with the press stowed on top. Inside I have the paddle stirrer, the measuring spoon and an instant-read thermometer.

Links, please, I do love a good cup of coffee!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    You can find it on Amazon, among others.

Note that the aeropress.com site is not the company, but a private reseller in Canada. Aeropress.com are good folks to deal with though, a small company and responsive.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Yes, the coffee is fantastic. And I'm impressed with the grinder, too. There were several brands on Amazon, but they looked to me like they were all made in the same place. Except one that had a slightly better handle.  Now if I can just find a rubber band... :)
    Larry and Judy. 2015 T@B S M@xx. Silver with black trim. Bell@. Towed by a 2005 Toyota Tacoma.
  • Options
    Ooh, I see my local Bed Bath and Beyond has them...got a 20% coupon around here somewhere...
  • Options
    prplxprplx Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2016
    ChanW said:
    Aeropress: makes excellent coffee. Fits the Tab perfectly.

ChanW knows his stuff.  If you are really serious about coffee, this is what you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqjk2jZ4AE
  • Options
    This looks fabulous!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    GregorioGregorio Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2016
    Another way to enjoy a good cup of coffee without all the fuss is, evidently, to camp next to one of you guys with all the fancy stuff. I have yet to camp near someone and not be offered a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I reciprocate because the first thing I do each morning is put my percolator on the stove; usually before anyone else is up.  I share my coffee and my wines.
    Spokane, WA (LG Forum Moderator)
    2011 6-Wide Sport
  • Options
    I bought an aero press yesterday and used it for a couple cups this morning. It does make good tasting coffee and is unbreakable, unlike my French press.
  • Options
    Gregorio, I'm all about the sharing, seems it becomes infectious after a while!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Yes, I forgot to mention that when we are group-camping with our kids, they make coffee on the Coleman stove with a Coleman 10-cup drip coffee maker. We appreciate that first labor-free morning cup of Joe! It's surprisingly good.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Gregorio said:
    Another way to enjoy a good cup of coffee without all the fuss is, evidently, to camp next to one of you guys with all the fancy stuff. I have yet to camp near someone and not be offered a hot cup of coffee in the morning. I reciprocate because the first thing I do each morning is put my percolator on the stove; usually before anyone else is up.  I share my coffee and my wines.
    Oops....don't camp next to me. I don't drink coffee and I have none of the fixin's for it, either ;). I do share my wine :)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Gregorio said:
    Oops....don't camp next to me. I don't drink coffee and I have none of the fixin's for it, either ;). I do share my wine :)
    Coffee before 4, wine after five.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Photomom said:
    Verna said:
    Gregorio said:
    Coffee before 4, wine after five.
    OJ and one Coke in the morning, water until...whenever... Then wine ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    I lub you all! I'll bring empty cups and lots of bad scientist jokes!! :heart:
  • Options
    JackPackJackPack Member Posts: 10
    Makita makes a single cup machine that would use a K cup and runs off AC AND/or a Makita 18V tool battery. How cool is that!
  • Options
    GregorioGregorio Member Posts: 18
    Not to worry, Verna. I know you don't drink coffee, but I will try some wines. I'll still share my cinnamon rolls with you.
    Spokane, WA (LG Forum Moderator)
    2011 6-Wide Sport
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Ordered an Aeropress and grinder today.  Thanks for the advice, ChanW and JustJudy!
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yep, it's a problem...
    Legal drugs.   :o
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya