Options

Rising Temps in the East are Chasing Me West

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I have managed to make it all spring without running the a/c in my house. I will be high (as in elevation) in the Rockies before meteorological summer starts next Wednesday. I packed up the T@b last weekend (in all-day rain) and headed to Cleveland this week to spend time with family before the long drive westward.

Most of my last minute jobs are done and so far I have only come across one thing that I forgot (XL Visor pole.) 

The transition means that after tomorrow my data usage will be primarily reserved for work and social/personal will likely happen where I can pick up free WiFi. If someone tags or messages me, it might take a little time for me to respond over the next few months.

In addition to spending the summer and working out west, I will take vacation time and do a nice little swing around Colorado and the Grand Circle with one of my sisters-in-law. I am looking forward to meeting up with some T@b friends along the way, too!

The weather looks decent, with scattered storms for the drive out, and the severe stuff to the south of my route. I will spend 2 nights in a Walmart parking lot and hopefully, the third in a community park - we will see Memorial Day weekend might make that not possible.

Rocky seems to know something is up as he doesn't like to leave my side right now. He has had a lot of exercise and play time with my brother's Shih Tzu this week so should be ready for the longer driving days.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    We finally start to get nice weather and you are leaving! :lol:

Be safe and have a great time.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    TinMTTinMT Member Posts: 10

If you get up to the northern Rockies let me know (Glacier NP, or anywhere in Montana). Would love to meet you. Could even host you for a night or two if you're in nw MT. Safe travels, and keep us posted when you can. Tracy

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I had a great visit with jkjenn before she left PA as I heading home from the PV factory ! It was so much fun to meet her and talk T@B, other common interests. Time just flew by! I hope you get to meet her TinMT. It's an honor to meet anyone from here. So much talent and creativity. Safe travels, jenn!! Hugs to the RockMan Pup!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Thanks, @TinMT probably not that far this year, but maybe next year. I loved my brief foray into Montana a couple of years back.

Thanks @Ratkity! It was a blast hanging out!

Thanks, @Cyclonic. I am looking forwards to cooler temps, again. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Have an awesome & safe adventure! Has Rocky been briefed on his co-pilot duties? 
    :dog:
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Have an awesome & safe adventure! Has Rocky been briefed on his co-pilot duties? 
    :dog:
    He has been briefed and he is watching me like a hawk since I moved the T@b and connected it to the TV last night. He wants to make sure I don't forget him!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    jkjenn said:
    He has been briefed and he is watching me like a hawk since I moved the T@b and connected it to the TV last night. He wants to make sure I don't forget him!

That's the way Sunny Day treats me.  Have fun, be careful, and I know you will take photos. NPDH!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited May 2016
    Cool - Glad you arrived safe - Kinda expected the camping pics to be Walmart though - You're making progress - Nothin like muni capgrounds :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Cool - Glad you arrived safe - Kinda expected the camping pics to be Walmart though - You're making progress - Nothin like muni capgrounds :-)
    Was in Walmart the last 2 nights. No reasonably priced campgrounds in those locations.

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Welcome "home"!  Altitude is everything...;-)

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    Welcome "home"!  Altitude is everything...;-)
    That's how I felt crossing the state line.  =)

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @jkjenn, where are you? We're in Wray tonight in the Eastern plains, heading back to Castle Rock tomorrow AM. Peggy's dad passed away on Tuesday and the funeral was today.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    Just curious - what Walmarts did you bless with your presence? :-)
    By the way, Rocky sure is cute!
  • Options
    @jkjenn, where are you? We're in Wray tonight in the Eastern plains, heading back to Castle Rock tomorrow AM. Peggy's dad passed away on Tuesday and the funeral was today.
    I am so sorry to hear about Peggy's dad! Please pass along my condolences. I am in Brush, headed towards Denver.PXLated said:
    Just curious - what Walmarts did you bless with your presence? :-)
    By the way, Rocky sure is cute!
    Elkhart, IN and Gretna, NE. Those communities allowed me to maximize maximize my driving time without straying too far from the Interstate. Also allowed me to use up a Cracker Barrel Gift card. The campground in Brush was free the first night. 

Rocky has been a real champand has done a nice job posing for me. I think he's pretty cute, too! Last night's storm spooked him a little, but he has fared very well.

• Options
    Found last year that a lot of the Munis across NE are free (or donation) for 1-5 days. There's also a lot of SRAs that are free for 14 days.
  • Options
    IrishCamper74IrishCamper74 Member Posts: 237
    Look at that Rocky facey face! 
    Light a campfire and everyone's a storyteller. ~John Geddes

2017 t@b CS, silver with green trim.
    TV: 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Headed home from father-in-law's funeral and who's in my rear view mirror but the indomitable @jkjenn!! We texted/called and pulled off at an exit and I got to meet Rocky too. What fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Wow - What a chance encounter.
  • Options
    It was so awesome to meet you, @Mr_Mrs_Gnome! I am at a NFS campground tonight because the boondocking sites were taken and there is another T@b here, too. It looks familiar but I can't place it. Red trim, white body, Sar panels mounted over the top and a white TV. 

• Options
    OMGosh! The Gnomies meet the Jkjenn/Rocky Edition and occupants!! That is SO cool.

Mr and Mrs Gnome, my condolences for your loss of your FIL. Your chance encounter sounds like a ray of sunshine for you and yours! I'm so happy you got to meet them :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    So far, so good. With the Memorial Day crowd thinning out, I settled into my boondocking spot yesterday afternoon. Great data speeds and splendid views. 

• Options
    PXL!! Don't look at the last picture!!! The "S" word is in it! :wink:

Great views, Jenn and Rocky! Glad you are settled in for a bit.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Love all the pics except for the last one, Jenn....I go to the Southwest in the winter to avoid that ccoooolldd stuff ! ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Nice spot - Rocky has the same look on his face as I'd have with the white stuff :-)
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    ...We're in Wray tonight in the Eastern plains, heading back to Castle Rock tomorrow AM...
    I plan to meet some T@Bs and teardrops at Beecher Island, just south of Wray, in September for the reunion.  Have you ever camped there?  Just curious as to what it is like (other than no hookups).

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Jenn - any chance you'll be at Ridgeway again soon? I'm headed there Mon. My brother and his wife are flying in - also looking forward to going to my nephew's "Eatery 66" restaurant (a 1966 Airstream he renovated). After an unexpected longer stay at Arches with 2 hospital visits for a kidney stone, I'm finally back to enjoying this adventure. Presently in Fruita, CO.
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    Saw this when I met Jenn & Rocky. Notice the trim/lining on her hiking shoes in the pic above. Matches the trim on her T@B. Pretty soon there'll be a Jenn Edition line of attire! Jus' funnin' ya Jenn.
  • Options
    LOL the JKJenn and Rocky Edition have additional accessories to purchase! Love the boots :)
  • Options
    Jenn - any chance you'll be at Ridgeway again soon? I'm headed there Mon. My brother and his wife are flying in - also looking forward to going to my nephew's "Eatery 66" restaurant (a 1966 Airstream he renovated). After an unexpected longer stay at Arches with 2 hospital visits for a kidney stone, I'm finally back to enjoying this adventure. Presently in Fruita, CO.
    No, sticking around this area for a bit and probably won't be there before July.Mr_Mrs_Gnome said:
    Saw this when I met Jenn & Rocky. Notice the trim/lining on her hiking shoes in the pic above. Matches the trim on her T@B. Pretty soon there'll be a Jenn Edition line of attire! Jus' funnin' ya Jenn.
    Ha! I actually got them for the grey color because grey hides the dirt so well, but the matching color doesn't hurt!