Options

Bed Rails & Slats

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just a note from our experience  .....  if the Alde vents discharge the heat directly to the underside of the bed, like our standard propane furnace does, the bed can get uncomfortably hot before the cabin actually gets up to the desired temperature. Even on the lowest setting in 38 degree weather outside, we couldn't run it for more than 15 minutes without feeling too hot. We have since added the little ceramic heater which will heat the cabin nicely from the other end of the cabin. Of course, if you aren't connected to shorepower, you have to use the propane heat  :)
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Well, I'll tell you... I do not at all like the way those vents are positioned to have all of that heat collect under the bed. My thougnt is that I might get a small fan to plug in under the table/bed to circulate the air that comes out of the vents forward towards the sink (front) and then into the cabin. There is a slot in the area back where your head goes when sleeping, which is easily (snark intended) covered up by pillows.

I know we will be packing that floor heater as well, "just in case".
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    That's a good idea XPADREX  ...... a small fan under the bed would make a world of difference  ^:)^