Options

Blown battery fuse!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    The issue with the incorrect fuse was the issue here, wasn't it.  The surge protector would not identified the true issue....
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    mash2 said:
    The issue with the incorrect fuse was the issue here, wasn't it.  The surge protector would not identified the true issue....
    Yes, that's correct. The dealer had installed a 15A fuse. The mystery is why we'd used the trailer, and plugged/unplugged it into the mains several times without incident. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    Photomom said:
    I was an electronics tech in the service and put myself through college repairing computers. No gremlins, there's a reason for everything. In this case I'm not surprised the reason is the dealer put in the wrong fuse, given some of his other mistakes.
    Then the logical explanation is either a power surge or static electricity produced when inserting the fuse in a live circuit. Gremlins to those who haven't worked with electronics. 

Thank you, Henrietta, for your service! Which branch of the service? My Daddy was one of the Chosin Few in the Marines, having served on the Korean War. 
    USAF. IIRC, I chose them because their uniforms were Chanel inspired and more attractive than the Army's. Luckily, the AF had just opened some no traditional career fields to women and I was selected for Electronic Computer Systems Maintenance. 

Thanks are are not necessary. Instead, do a kindness for a veteran who was not as fortunate as I was.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    OK, more hijack…. "Thanks are are not necessary. Instead, do a kindness for a veteran who was not as fortunate as I was."  Very well put, Henrietta, my sentiments exactly. (US Army, 69-72, Chinese translator)

…And I respectfully disagree-- I liked the Army issue Uni OK, much better than the velcro-covered things they use now! :)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Army, 67-69 ... Think those 15 months of boondocking make doing it in the T@B pure luxury.
    No electrical hookup, no campground water, no sewer, no cable ... Water conservation required, no problem :-)
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Sorry Jenn... I had another blown Alde fuse this morning, and I always use the Progressive. I'm going to have to contact Alde...
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ChanW said:
    Sorry Jenn... I had another blown Alde fuse this morning, and I always use the Progressive. I'm going to have to contact Alde...
    That’s good to know,  thanks, and @ChanW. I Were you on shore power? 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Yes, shore power.
    jkjenn said:
    That’s good to know,  thanks, and @ChanW. I Were you on shore power? 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    My battery is fused with a 30 amp fuse and I mounted the on/off switch inside my front tub to keep it out of sight and out of the weather.  People see these things and curiosity takes over and the next thing that happens is that they either flip a switch on or off, then head off on their merry way.  

I would agree, the 15A fuse could have blown via the electric converter when it sensed load and in charging the battery and blew at the weakest link, that being the 15A fuse.  

I'm glad you got it replaced!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ