Today's mod -T@B clothesline

We are going to be hitting the road for a couple weeks and DH has already been told he can't bring an outfit for every day. So we'll need to do some laundry.

I found a photo of this T@B-specific clothesline on Pinterest and a template on one of the FB pages. I did make a cardboard prototype first and make some adjustments so I could add the soft side of Velcro wherever the clothesline arms touch the T@B.

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• EdwinaEdwina Member Posts: 10
    Brilliant!
    Rocky Mountain Chieftain, Kennedy Society of North America
    2008 T@B Q, 2000 Nissian Xterra
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Fantastic! Now... whose turn is it to wash clothes? ;)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    Pretty ingenious. Just be careful of the "dainties" thieves. After all, it is on the backside of your T@B!
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Ratkity said:
    Fantastic! Now... whose turn is it to wash clothes? ;)
    We do our own laundry at home, can't see that changing!
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Now you just need some scrollwork on that like a wash board, a wringer washer, clothes line, etc.!

You did good, Photomom--looks great!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Verna said:
    Now you just need some scrollwork on that like a wash board, a wringer washer, clothes line, etc.!

You did good, Photomom--looks great!
    Thanks. It's actually 1/2" plywood that I had lying around. If this works out and we use it I may do a nicer version sometime. No scrollwork though.
  • Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    That turned out great!! 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

edited June 2016
    When tent camping we'd always end up with clotheslines strung between trees - this is much classier! And I think one of the private campgrounds we'll be camping at in Maine doesn't allow clotheslines in the trees anyway. 
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Great idea! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Photomom said:
    When tent camping we'd always end up with clotheslines strung between trees - this is much classier! And I think one of the private campgrounds we'll be camping at in Maine doesn't allow clotheslines in the trees anyway. 
    Some of the State and National Parks don't allow anything tied to trees on the right coast, although I've had an EZup type shelter tie around a huge trunk a couple feet away from the shelter in one park and the ranger didn't say anything.  I think they are more concerned about hammocks and heavy items that can damage the trees, but that's just supposition.

I guess it's a case-by-case basis when it comes to the place you are at! I wuzn't hanging anything from the line except a ribbon to warn people >5'8" that it was there and to duck.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Honaker35Honaker35 Member Posts: 47
    Anyone have a template you can post on here. 
    Ratkity said:
    Photomom said:
    Some of the State and National Parks don't allow anything tied to trees on the right coast, although I've had an EZup type shelter tie around a huge trunk a couple feet away from the shelter in one park and the ranger didn't say anything.  I think they are more concerned about hammocks and heavy items that can damage the trees, but that's just supposition.

I guess it's a case-by-case basis when it comes to the place you are at! I wuzn't hanging anything from the line except a ribbon to warn people >5'8" that it was there and to duck.

$400 fine for tying dogs or hammocks to the trees in Joshua Tree National Park campgrounds. One person was warned and I saved 4 Spring Break young ladies a fine for their hammock. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Photomom said:
    "Classier" is in the eye of the beholder. I :wink:

I use my clothesline mostly inside the T@b. Too much dust flying around to have a clothesline as low as the T@b handles. I have used a line between trees to dry a rug when I spilled water on it last week. If in a campground with water I will handwash but when doing longterm boondocking it is easier to go to a laundromat. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited June 2016
    When I don't set up an EZ-Up, I usually hang my towel on a bungee cord stretched between the front handles or hung from the hang bar in the back of my truck if the weather is bad. Otherwise, I hang my towel over the EZ-Up frame. Dirty clothes go in a bag, then to the laundromat, or washed at home.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    edited June 2016
    @Photomom, this is awesome - would you please post the template to this thread? Thanks much  :)
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
    There are two PDF files totalling around 10 MB so I don't know if that's okay with @Verna.  Facebook users can get them from the Files section of the T@B Camping Trailers page, look for files called Clothesline Template 1.pdf and Clothesline Template 2.pdf.

It is thought that these originated with some T@B owner in Germany and I don't know how those trailers differ from ours. I will say that I had to make some adjustments to get them to fit right. I made a cardboard template first and made adjustments to it. Recommend making your first one from cheap wood like the 1/2 plywood I rescued from my neighbor's trash.
    @Photomom, a .pdf file doesn't actually take up space on the forum servers, right?  As long as that is true, then posting the .pdf here is fine.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    You upload it the same way as an image so I think it does.

If anyone wants the template and is not on Facebook, PM me your email address and I'll send you the files.
    On T@B Camping Trailers I clicked on More, clicked on View a Group Info, selected files, and I didn't see the clothesline mod. Does it have a different name?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Look for file names Clothesline Template 1. PDFs and Clothesline Template 2.pdf. I do not believe they are on alphabetical order.
    Never mind, I found it, printed it out. I just missed it the first time I looked. Thank you, Photomom. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Trouble with files that big, some email programs can't handle them.
    Wonder why it's so big - For something like a simple pattern template I'd expect something in the 2-300k range.
    PXLated, probably because of the lines on the graph paper it's drawn on?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    If it's hand drawn on graph paper it probably should just be a pic, not a pdf.
    PXLated said:
    If it's hand drawn on graph paper it probably should just be a pic, not a pdf.
    It is hand drawn, although, as @Photomom mentioned, make a cardboard template first because it is a bit off on exact dimensions. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    The point though is that file (pdf) shouldn't be anywhere near the size it is - You could publish a whole magazine in a pdf that size. Something's whacky.
    It is what it is. I am guessing it is pdf to maintain the scale.
    Nope - PDF is pretty efficient even at full size.
    But, point is - It should be way smaller which would make it easier to share.
    Well, I didn't make it so I have no idea what's wrong. 
  • mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I downloaded and then shrunk the size of the pdf's for the clothesline template for anyone interested.  these are about 100K each.  Hope it helps.  Didn't spend much time looking, but the originals are in acrobat 4.0 format (very inefficient at storing.  I just did a file save as and selected to shrink the file size.