Options

Pressure Washer

BjreimannBjreimann Member Posts: 12
Has anyone used a pressure washer to clean their T@B?  I know the owner's manual warns against using one on the graphics, but what about general cleaning?  

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2016
    Do not pressure wash the silicone caulking is what I was told. I just use a hand mitt on what I can reach and a long-handled RV brush on what I can't reach. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    I've pressure washed mine several times but am careful not to hold the sprayer in any one position for a long period of time.   I think it also depends on the power of your pressure washer.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,433
    I just got a pressure washer for stripping fifteen years of paint and crud off my wooden deck. I haven't tried it on a vehicle, but being pretty lazy when it comes to washing stuff, I probably will.

You would want to use the tip with the widest possible spray pattern and keep the wand a couple feet back from the surface (at least to start). This allows the stream--and the pressure--to disperse.

As TABalong said, the power of your washer is also a consideration. Electric units operate in the <2000psi range and are mostly intended for light duty washing of cars and campers. Gas units can top 3000psi and will require more caution on the part of the user.

Regardless of what you do, I reiterate Verna's advise about staying away from any calking, as even modest pressure could peel this up. I would probably also avoid spraying the underside for fear of damaging the tar paper like undercoating, or any of the various plumbing and electric do-dads. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    BjreimannBjreimann Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for all your tips and advice!