Options

Modifications- Lagun table, shelving and more

luv2travelluv2travel Member Posts: 50
edited June 2016 in Modifications & Upgrades
I have been making some changes to my 2012 “L” T@B that I have had for 2 years. I will be attending my first Tearstock next month, and I felt I had better alter my T@B before arriving:) There are so many great ideas on this forum and I helped myself to some of them. Thanks to everyone! I will try to attach some correctly sized photos. This written part is cut and paste, so I apologize if the format is not lined up well.

1. I added the springs on my 3 front cabinets- love them!

2. I moved my television higher up the wall behind the stove. It is near the ceiling now, so I have more counter/wall space for taller storage below (maybe future shelving?). I am also attaching magnetic bar on wall near stove.

3. I found far too many “over the cabinet door” items-plastic garbage bag holder, towel bar, hook, baskets-yikes!  

4. I added an extra support rail above driver’s side window for taller items. I plan to do something similar on the other side. I also mounted a couple of towel bars.

5. My paper towel roll is above door.

6. I added slide out drawer in cabinet below stove (above A/C). Handy!

7. New cushions (thanks Elsie, for your help!). I had split cushions made so I can easily access just the half of the bench I need. I had a special cushion made (approx. 29x30?) for my version of the U seating. I will be sleeping wheel to wheel, so I can remove the 2 rear back cushions at night for extra stretch. I can store the slats in the forward driver’s side bench if I want the entire floor area open.

8. Lagun table- mounted on driver’s side. I cut matching maple spacer behind bracket to clear the bed rail. I had to order longer stainless bolts from Fastenal to clear the 2x4 behind the bench. I first had to shore up one edge of 2x4 – not pretty, but it worked. I can spin the offset-mounted top 360 degrees to a variety of options. I just used ¾ inch plywood, 30x24, to be used (if needed) as a big bed slat with one or two of the 6 bed slats I already made.

9. IKEA side table- I drilled through bench covers and middle 2x4 support below (half circle in each cover). I drilled a partial hole in scrap block and fastened to vertical stud at floor. I kept the flat 3 arm table base tucked away to possibly use with table leg and top outside (easily lifts out, but sturdy in place). The table is a rounded triangle and spins 360 degrees plus adjusts in height.

10. I added shelving and a curtain rod to back cabinets, plus a supportive divider that only goes down halfway- I can slide the remaining T@B cover to the right, if needed, but it lifts as well. I may add a piano hinge. I also have warm light puck lights inside cabinet shelves.

11. I bought 2 little speakers to attach in the rear upper corners (not sure best way yet- the mounting bracket will be useless). The originals are too muffled with the cushion in place. I am just switching speaker wire – is it possible to split sound easily to all four?

Out of sight below rear cabinets is roomy. I have the T@B tent/poles, XL Visor/poles, water hoses, lawn chairs, grilling tools, backpack, hiking poles, Cleanwaste Go Anywhere portable toilet, sleeping bag and homemade silver bubble insulation cut to fit windows and ceiling fan.

Future plans when I learn how- battery shut-off switch, 3-way fridge fan addition for hot counter problem, maybe peel and stick "wood" flooring, and perhaps move spare tire up front.

I have the Trailer Valet (love it) and I may want to swap out the jack.

Many more ideas, but here is my T@B progress for now.
2012 T@B L, 2020 Honda Passport Touring

Comments