Options

Lagun Table in 2017 Question

so I went and looked at the orange and white unit today. I like it as much as I expected to but I have a question. I like the new Lagun table better but for those of you that have them or upgraded to that table type what are you doing with the table when the full bed is made? I would love to have an outside connection area on the camper for it next to the electrical outlets. Is that a possibility or are you just placing it in the TV or tent area when not in use? 

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    If you're making up the full bed with the slats you could remove the table and slide it underneath the slats. Careful though, a couple parts have corners that could dig into the floor.

We have been setting up twin beds and the table is mostly in the way. We only used it for a few minutes to play cards one rainy evening. We finally got so annoyed we shoved it in the car for the rest of the trip.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    I see you can purchase an outside mount for the table. Has anyone mounted one? It would require holes to be drilled in the sides of the camper. 
  • Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    @Fatman1966, I do know there was a guy on the Yahoo or Facebook site who mounted one somewhere on the back of his CS, but I can't find the pics or thread.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If I had the extra mount, I would measure outside 10 times or so, measure inside 10 times, and I would put it on the passenger side so that the screws attached to the 2x4 supports for the sofa or bench seat. Use lots of silicon caulk, maybe even some butyl behind it and just use the same table outside also.  Weather permitting, it could be left outside, but I would put it inside in wet weather. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited June 2016
    I would think if you put some weight on it - no matter what it's anchored to inside - it could dent the thin outer skin.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Fatman1966, I have a 2017 T@b max s Sofitel. It came with an exterior Lagun table mount. This is nothing we asked for, but factory installed. I have to assume it is part of the Sofitel pkg. I am attaching pics so you see where the mount is possible. I would have your dealer contact PV to get the precise dimensions and see if the dealer can do the mod but if you are ordering from the factory, have then do the install. The exterior lagun table mount is located on the door side between the wheel fender and the exterior 110 outlets. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Fatman1966Fatman1966 Member Posts: 145
    @Fatman1966, I have a 2017 T@b max s Sofitel. It came with an exterior Lagun table mount. This is nothing we asked for, but factory installed. I have to assume it is part of the Sofitel pkg. I am attaching pics so you see where the mount is possible. I would have your dealer contact PV to get the precise dimensions and see if the dealer can do the mod but if you are ordering from the factory, have then do the install. The exterior lagun table mount is located on the door side between the wheel fender and the exterior 110 outlets. 
    That's perfect! Thanks for the pics. I was looking at a 2017 that was not a Sofitel so possibly it's part of the 2017 package for those units. That's exactly what I would want to do with it. 
  • Options
    Wonder if they reinforce that area or it's just a stronger area in all T@Bs. The T@B walls being a thin outer shell and interior wallboard with foam between just doesn't seem like it would take the weight of stuff on the table or someone leaning on it cantilevered out there.
  • Options
    Can't speak to the structural specifications involved but someone at PV must have data that the exterior lagun mount will work in that location or I don't think it would have been installed there IMHO. Maybe there is something in the t@b's construction that makes it possible. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @dragonsdofly thanks for the picts! You went out of your way to take them - I lub all the peeps here. :heart:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    We made our own Lagun table top so it can also be used for bed slats.
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    edited June 2016
    I also did the same except to make the entire length I added to fold leafs. All will do is lift table off flip up ends and turn the top 180 ° and place on rails.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    Btw the lagun table and upright support for the Sofitel weight 15.5 lbs. That exterior bracket must be able to easily support that weight and then some.
  • Options
    I have learned so much from so many here that I can't do enough for all of you. Such a small effort to take a few pics n post them. I have the great good fortune to have my t@b in my backyard. I can always look, measure, weigh or photograph anything anyone needs. Not sure I'll be crawling around underneath in Michigan in January but all anyone has to do is ask. Thanks again everyone.
  • Options
    Would be interested to see what the structure behind the bracket inside looks like - it'd be under the seat - wondering how they reinforced it.
  • Options
    Ok. As soon as I get home I'll take a look and post a pic or two.
  • Options
    @PXLated, as you requested. Just behind the wheelwell
  • Options
    Next to the exterior outlets. 
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Thanks - Looks like extra reinforcement there.
  • Options
    Appears to be 2 x 4's screwed from top side bench support and sofa support into the upright 2 x 4's that the exterior lagun bracket is attached to. Also note we can see a resin type spacer plate between the Lagun bracket and the skin of the t@b. That must also provide so support to the t@b wall. Anything else?
  • Options
    Have seen horse trailer/campersthat have a rail on the side to attach accessories - grills, countertops, ect - but that is screwed into aluminum studs so plenty of support. Looks like the factory did a good job of reinforcing - Not sure I'd want totry it myself I guess though.
  • Options
    There is a price for the personal service PXL, you have to show me the secret handshake when we meet. Looking forward to it! 
  • Options