Options

Can't install Fan-Tastic Vent Ultra Breeze Vent Cover.... There's nothing to attach to?

I bought this cover and there's no where to attach to my current fantastic fan  how did you all do so? I bought it thinking it would be a no brainier but....I was wrong. What are mo options now? 
Sun Valley Idaho living, 2 restaurants, 2 labs, 1 helluva wife! 2016 T@B Max-S Outback towed by. 2007 Toyota FJ Crusier

Comments

• Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    Rlethbri -

I just installed one of these on my 2015 T@b two weeks ago.  According to the directions that came with my cover, I removed four screws from the Fantastic Fan and attached four small brackets.  Two on each side.  Each bracket has an attachment that uses a removable pin to attach to the vent cover.  The removable pins make it easy to take the cover off for cleaning.  I used lap sealant with the replacement screws, that went into the existing holes.  All of this was done in less than 20 minutes.  All of the hardware including pins, brackets, directions and replacement screws came with the UltraBreeze.  You will need a tall ladder.

There is a good YouTube video on the installation of this cover.   You can go to YouTube and search for UltraBreeze. 

Hope that helps.

~ Joe
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    TonydjdTonydjd Member Posts: 111
    Like others I went this route even with lid down you're able to run the fan with how they designed it. One of the best upgrade I've done.
    Tony D
    Central,Fl
    2015 T@B Max-S

• Options
    abenteurerabenteurer Member Posts: 72
    After watching DIY videos on line, I bought the Fan-tastic Vent cover for my 2016 Max-S but found the screws you need to remove are not accessible or even visible.  All you can see around the vent is smooth plastic and caulk.  I returned it and went with the Max Air II which works but was not my first choice.
    2016 T@B M@x S | 2015 Grand Cherokee 5.7L HEMI (awesome) with factory tow pkg | 2017 Wrangler Sahara (awesome) 4-dr with factory max tow pkg
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    Hey Tony, how high is the vent cover above the roof line closed? This is something I want to do, but need to know the overall height. I need to make sure it will still fit thru the garage door. Also did you need to modify the inside trim ring? can you shoot me a pic of what it looks like on the inside. Thanks , Shawn
  • Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    Call fantastic fan and they will email you a template for drilling four holes to mount the vent cover. That is what I did, and then gave the template to Marvin at Pleasant Valley who installed it at Tearstock last year. 
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    snowballsnowball Member Posts: 9
    Search " Ultra Breeze Install Question" It will tell you how to do it.
  • Options
    snowballsnowball Member Posts: 9
    Ultra Breeze comment in dec 2015. " I just talker with Pleasant Valley I was told I can drill through the plastic flashing. I will be drilling through 5/16 " of roofing material and then into the top of an aluminum box that supports the fan. The drill bit depth should be 1/2" and I should use 3/4" Stainless screws. Be sure to seal the screw holes."
  • Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    edited June 2016
    I have asked several times on this post about the overall height of the T@B when a MaxAir Deluxe Fan is installed on it, but never got a definite answer.  Most have said it is about the same height as the AC roof vent ( the fan is taller). I was willing to try it, so I went ahead an ordered the Fan and installed it. Everything went fine and it works great. The hardest part of the install is getting off all of the old caulking. so for anyone else wanting to do this upgrade, Here is the trailer height measurements with the fan installed on a T@B Max S. With the trailer setting level on the garage floor and using a 4' level resting on the highest point of the fan cover, the overall hieght measured 91"closed and when it is open all the way it is 94.5", hope this helps.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Reviving: so, yes, align the provided clips, mark where to drip and drill(carefully) into the flange. There is aluminum as evidenced by the bits extracted whil drilling. Dry fit, then seal. Easy peasy! Pic is prior to sealing, for clarity.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
    I just spoke with nucamp and the service guys are telling me that if I drill through the roof to install the Ultra breeze, I could void my warranty.  They are recommending a max air which they say mounts through the side of the unit - no holes through the bottom.  Suggestions?
    Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
    States Visited Map
    2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Warranty is for only one year...your camping comfort a lifetime...?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    We had a max air installed on our Q
    This s my secone one, also have one on my 6 wide

Works great and no drilling into the trailers 
    But I cannot comment on how easy it was to install because I had this done by the dealer 

• Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    Newb question here,  but what is the benefit of this modification?
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    The vent covers allow you to keep the vent open when it rains.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM said:
    The vent covers allow you to keep the vent open when it rains.
    Interesting. I have left it open through some rain storms and no water came in. I guess it is a possibility though depending on the wind etc.
  • Options
    @maddmike, you have a pre-owned Tab that was custom ordered.  Are you sure you don’t have a vent cover over the flat Fantastic Fan?
  • Options
    SAM said:
    @maddmike, you have a pre-owned Tab that was custom ordered.  Are you sure you don’t have a vent cover over the flat Fantastic Fan?
    Good point. Mine looks like the picture above. Is the picture of an aftermarket part? It must have been put on at the factory or as the delivering dealer (General) is it is not the stock setup. That would explain why I am confused.

Carry on.
  • Options
    The top- most Amazon picture is what the vent cover looks like.  The stock fan has a flat, hinged lid (the second picture).
  • Options
    SAM said:
    The top- most Amazon picture is what the vent cover looks like.  The stock fan has a flat, hinged lid (the second picture).
    So, mine is stock as I have the hinged lid. I just don't open it all the way and rain has not gotten in. Are people fully opening them and rain get in? Maybe I'm not doing it right.
  • Options
    FF model 1250 has a rain sensor.  Doyou know what model you have?
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Keep in mind that the rain sensor is another source of phantom power. I think it's a cool feature (especially when you have the remote), but it does close in heavy dew and condensation - annoying sometimes.

My toy hauler has a Maxx Air fan with the remote and rain sensor, mainly because the height of my trailer is such that I'd have to stand on something to reach the fan.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I'm guessing the rain sensor closes the hatch? I don't think I have it as the owner ordered it without most electronics to preserve power--no fridge or entertainment system for example. I usually open the hatch 2-4 inches. Between trips, I leave it open to ventilate. I have inspected in in severe rain storms and no water made it in.