Options

Farewell T@B

MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
Hi All,

I just wanted to write a quick note to let everyone here on the forum how much I have appreciated the specific help when requested and the wealth of other knowledge that has lead to several great years with our T@B and some wonderful trips.  We have especially fond memories of Tearstock 2015 and will miss them.

However, after long and thoughtful consideration we decided to trade in our T@B-Q and purchased a new Airstream Bambi Sport 16' which we will be picking up in a few weeks. We plan on doing more long trips including lots of boon docking.  If you see a Jeep pulling a small Airstream somewhere in your travels give you and your T@B a wave, it will likely be me.

I will likely continue to check in to this forum from time to time as the information shared here is always very useful.
Ray and Vida Barrick
(formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
Toronto ON Canada

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Happy trails, Ray & Vida. Best to you!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Safe travels and happy camping! Our Teardrop group includes a 16' Bambi in our eclectic mix of campers. It's a fabulous camper, you'll love it! Please stop by and share your travels occasionally. I know the Airstream community is as passionate as the T@B/T@G ones and you'll spend lots of time with yet another wonderful forum community. Enjoy!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Safe travels, Ray and Vida!  I'll keep your card to remind me of all of the wonderful
    advice you've given the forum members.  It was certainly nice meeting you last year and I hope to meet you on the road. Be careful!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Enjoy your new Bambi, Ray & Vida! Happy trails!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Good luck and safe travels with your new trailer.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Adios, farewell and adieu. Never met but have read every post in this forum. Thanks for your input. Don't be a a stranger. Adventures always. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    boo said:
    Don`t leave.
    We would like to hear more from you, especially concerning your new Airstream.
    Let us know how it compares to the T@B as far as quality goes.
    How does it pull?. How is it layed out inside, and how comfortable is it.
    I have been eyeballing the Bambie myself.
    In your opinion, does the quality justify the cost, etc.?.
    I know, you bought one, but we would like to hear your opinion on
    this trailer after you have had time to learn it and get use to it.
    We pick up the new Bambi in a couple of weeks as it is in the lineup for production at the factory in Jackson Center OH.  I will report back, but I think the only way to justify the cost of an Airstream is because you want one. LOL : ) 
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    It's funny, if it were just me the Bambi would be close to perfect. I like the separation between the bed and the dinette. The bed would be awfully small for the two of us, I fear..
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I believe there are at least 2 sizes of the Bambi series starting at the 16' one. Not sure if the beds are different though. We have one of each size in our camping group. We had one gathering where the 16' footer was set up as the Bambi Bar and Grill (complete with gaudy lights that would make PXL shiver). Although, PXL might not have cared about the lights after the bartender made him a few TearDrop Specials. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)