Options

Ziploc XL Flexible Tote

The Ziploc XL Flexible Tote is a fantastic product, at least as far as its size, weight, and design.  It has handles and a top zipper.  Time will prove its quality and durability.  I ran across the XXL version at my local Target, but compared it to the storage space under the left side of the bench in the CS-S with wetbath and knew that size would be too big.  Fortunately, SC Johnson has a smaller version, which I ordered from Amazon for about $8.
http://www.amazon.com/SC-Johnson-70161-Flexible-Storage/dp/B001PAEUE6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407286882&sr=8-2&keywords=ziploc+totes+xl
I filled it with bedding and towels and it fits quite nicely in that particular storage space.  I was using a plastic bin, but this is so much better.  I'm thrilled!
Beth
Minnesota
Practicing to be a wanderer
2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual

Comments

• Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    I love it when I find a great solution for organizing my little T@b. It's a lot of trial and error for me! After just completing our initial shakedown this weekend I realize that organization is key to making the experience flow smoothly. But I'm pretty sure I have mild OCD. LOL. Your Zip-loc XL Flexible tote looks good.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi
    My CS-S will come off the assembly line 8/8, still not sure when it will be shipped from Ohio to California, but I continue to be able to prepare for my little boy's home coming with great ideas and tips like these. I just ordered one of the totes for underneath the bench. Thanks so much for the tip. I know storage is going to be a constant rehash of this and that. 
    The mouse house
    ren
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Looks like an excellent storage solution. Will have to check them out.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    How sturdy is it? Nod,you think it will hold up? I'm tempted to order a few in XXL for home.
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    twocutestwocutes Member Posts: 198
    Lisa33 - It seems sturdy.  I don't know that I would toss them in the back of a pickup truck or anything, but I think they will hold up well.
    Beth
    Minnesota
    Practicing to be a wanderer
    2020 T@B 320 CSS Boondock Lite
    2014 T@B 320 CSS M@xx
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 8 speed automatic
    2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed manual
  • Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    There's so much room behind/under the back seats that we just fold up our pads (very nice inflatable backpacking pads...we let some air out) and put them behind the seat.  We put the bedding (sheets, pillow) in plastic bags.  We have a lightweight down comforter that goes in a stuff sack.  Setup and takedown take about 5-10 minutes.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    There's so much room behind/under the back seats that we just fold up our pads (very nice inflatable backpacking pads...we let some air out) and put them behind the seat.  We put the bedding (sheets, pillow) in plastic bags.  We have a lightweight down comforter that goes in a stuff sack.  Setup and takedown take about 5-10 minutes.

This is pretty similar to what I do. My set-up is a Thermarest that goes I to a dedicated pocket in the sleeping bag (Nemo Stratoloft.) the pillow tuck into a hood in the sleeping bag, so I only need to zip up the sleeping bag and stuff it behind the rear bench. It isn't, hard to reach since it fills up the space. I am about 5‘ 9" and I can reach ok, but when something falls to floor of that area, it takes a bit of gymnastics to reach. I need to pick up a poor of those reaching tongs that old people use so I don't pull a muscle reaching back there. It would be horrible to get a pinched nerve in my neck on a long trip from reaching back there.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    gilbutlergilbutler Member Posts: 169
    Beth, Thank you for sharing your recommendation on the Ziplock flexible tote.  I just got one to try and it really seems to be just what I an really use.
    Gil Butler, Folsom, CA, 2015 T@B M@XX CS - White with Yellow tim