Options

My next mod?

I ran across this idea on an Airstream blog - under floor wine cellar! What do you think?

John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York

Comments

• Options
    Mr_Mrs_GnomeMr_Mrs_Gnome Member Posts: 241
    What, you don't have one in your T@B....yet? That's what the new cubby hole is for at the end of the bed.
    '17 Outback S - TV 2016 Chevy Colorado in "Colorful Colorado"
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited July 2016
    Excellent! Problem is, the Tab doesn't have a 'hallway'...

It would be the perfect way to counterbalance my spare tire on the tongue, however. 

And the border guards would have a heyday with it!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    What would you use to keep it at a constant temp? I don't think I'd store any carbonated-type wines or champagnes in there!! LOL That would be a mess.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I LOVE IT!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    *sees V's mind churning and planning on which saw that'll be best to use, the type of wood and how many bottles her mod will hold*
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Actually, the bottles stay cool in the back seat under quilted flannel blankets. The boxes of wine didn't seem to fare as well. I need to remember they do have wine in AZ!  The store "Total Wine" rocks!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Wrap the 'wine cellar' in terrycloth, and create a steady drip from your FW tank to keep it damp. Vent the area, keeps it cool like a swamp cooler.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - Thought you told me you weren't one of the "wino women" and preferred beer - Or was tha PitPat?
  • Options
    I don't do coffee nor beer, very little hard liquor except a mild margarita here and there--wasn't me ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    edited July 2016
    Going back to Discussion topic.... grin...
    Here is what I did over the weekend.  I saw the empty space on the drivers side.  I was uncomfortable about putting things on all the wiring and plumbing.  I decided to do an idea I saw elsewhere.  I put in a shelf ledge on both sides, built a removable 10x27 inch shelf (with sides both to contain things and to add spine to the quarter inch board, and filled it with examples of stuff.  I have a 3 inch clearance from the converter etc, so objects and containers can be no taller than that.  I'm sure that those examples will be replaced by something "better" in the future..
    I decided not to varnish or paint....

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I like that very much. I don't recall my trailer having that much room in there but I'll check. Believe it or not, I've worked out storage for everything but pantry food items and that would be a good spot.
  • Options
    Well, we were in a campsite near the cities.  It was very hot, so we did an uncamp thing and went to Ikea.  If you like little boxes and things, this is the place.  We picked up my wife's 94 year old aunt, so she didn't have to drive and took her along.  Now have more things to add for storage etc.

The cups attach firmly to the rail  As you must guess, I get the red cups...  Also the job of labeling them.  Verna would like that...  I'm still trying to decide what to label on the plumbing shutoffs etc.  Like that idea btw.

Also, she bought some material for awnings.  

Also bought two duvet covers for our blanket.  Couldn't pass that up at 7 bucks a piece.  (of course now she won't have to make one.... grin)
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sadly, the nearest Ikea is in Pittsburgh... I am impressed that even your craft room is well organized. Mine is a wreck.
  • Options
    @TerryV6, here's a challenge for you: What do you do with shoes?

We keep the hiking shoes in the car, but need a place to keep two pairs of Keens at night, one mens size 13 and one womens size 10. With the dog in the trailer if both pairs are on the floor there is literally no place to step.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited July 2016
    Photomom said:
    @TerryV6, here's a challenge for you: What do you do with shoes?

We keep the hiking shoes in the car, but need a place to keep two pairs of Keens at night, one mens size 13 and one womens size 10. With the dog in the trailer if both pairs are on the floor there is literally no place to step.
    I bet you could rig a shoe hammock from the window valence.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Terry, Good solution to what[I think] has been a question for a lot of us for what to do with that unused space. Good job! Nice touch with the cups also.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks... As for shoes, right now we have an awning with a nice mat on the ground and that is where we take them off before entering.  Jody keeps talking shoe bag..
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I like the cups but from my experience the state of roads will bounce the contents out as you travel - unless you just plan to use them in camp.
  • Options
    We usually camp in places with wildlife so I'd never leave shoes outside. Some critters will chew on them for the salt.
  • Options
    Photomom said:
    We usually camp in places with wildlife so I'd never leave shoes outside. Some critters will chew on them for the salt.
    How about an easy to use plastic container?  

We also try to keep floor clutter to a minimum.  We plan  our next day's apparel, bring it in and leave our packs in the TV, as many others do.  I also look for ideas on storage, none are my own, I admit that.  People tell us that there is no room in our T@b and we tell them that there is plenty of space, you just have to use it wisely.  
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Photomom said:

Yes.. I see what you mean...

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    LOL!!!  I've been looking for a vented box with a secure lid to leave my shoes outside.  Here in the Southwest, we have snakes, scorpions and other small animals/insects.  So the vent holes would have to be fairly small.  Let me know if anyone has found something like this.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    I'm not going to ask why it has to be vented... I'm not.... I'm not.... Ahh, why do you want it vented..?
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6 said:
    I'm not going to ask why it has to be vented... I'm not.... I'm not.... Ahh, why do you want it vented..?
    The off-gassing will make the box sides bulge and there could be an explosion of epic proportions. The mad scientist approves, but advises gas masks for surrounding campers. :wink:
  • Options
    ethelouiseethelouise Member Posts: 32
    I love the Ikea Bygel containers.  They fit perfectly on the wood valances and can be easily taken on and off. The containers are only 99 cents each at Ikea, but you can order them for about $9 for 3 on Amazon.  Quite an upcharge, but quite a bit less than a trip to Ikea (not just the 1 hour drive, but all the money I'd spend on other Ikea items!) 
    Margaret, Lynn and D@isy M@y
    2017 S Max
    2016 Subaru Outback
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    I'm looking for a vented container because of wet shoes from being in the rain and also drying out of normal shoe moisture.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    OutbackAZ said:
    I'm looking for a vented container because of wet shoes from being in the rain and also drying out of normal shoe moisture.
    I know.... Just warped humor peeking thru....
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    I like the cups but from my experience the state of roads will bounce the contents out as you travel - unless you just plan to use them in camp.
    This is true. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Pretty much for use in camp..  No more. Looking for cell phones etc..  Better way to keep your front counter clear of those kind of things.. 
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    I've been looking at a lot of Richard Lewis stuff on youtube.   I'm trying this one..  

https://youtu.be/p1riDya-WZQ

T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI