Options

Ok, my curiosity is getting the better of me so....

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
Has anyone tried to put a misting system on the keeder rail? I have one on both my 10x10 gazebo, and my 7x5 bar-b-que gazebo, and it lowers the temps about 20 degrees. You would have to be hooked up to a water supply with a on/off splitter and use the 50 psi regulator. With the heat of the summer upon us, I was just curious :) if it has been tried before, and if there are any negatives to doing this modification. Any in-put would be appreciated, and thanks.
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    ooohh ... I think that's a great idea :) I can't wait to see other responses - if anyone has done it as a mod already.

• Options
    I like to stay cool outside too! Have yet to run the a/c when camping, only while working inside at home. Works well, but like I said, I want to be cool outside too.
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Right? We are heading out for Southern Utah in a few weeks - we're staying a fairly high elevation but it's still going to be hot as hades ... we think our a/c will see it's first action this trip haha. Yeah, it would be nice to bring a mister - maybe a person could install a splitter after the 50psi regulator and have one hose go to the mister and the other into the trailer.
  • Options
    That's my thought exactly!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    OH duh haha. I have an annoying habit of reading the first and last sentence of any paragraph.  :)
  • Options
    Tommy, figured I'd better switch back over to this thread before I get myself in trouble with Verna [again]. ;) The reason I'm going with the Orbitz is two fold:
    1) You can adjust the angle of the misting by turning the nozzle up, or down
    2) you can also get replacement nozzles [they get plugged, and even with cleaning in vinegar solution, stay plugged]
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Haha good call Eric :) I already responded over there but as the thread starter it's OK to help hijack my own thread isn't it? lol

Well I started off making my own mister out of irrigation lines because I had a lot of material on hand including the tee's - the only thing I had to buy was the faucet adapter and the mist heads. After trying various unsuccessful options for the heads I ended up going out and buying an Orbit system - the helpful hardware guy at Ace talked us into buying the professional 3/8 version - which requires assembly. It was on sale for $30 so why not. Well, we assembled it - and EVERY SINGLE connection leaked. Literally every connection. By the time we got a connection to stop leaking it would start again a minute later.

Anyway, we took it all apart and returned it all to Ace but learned something valuable in the process - the brass nozzles screw into 1/4" irrigation line perfectly and stay put :) So now my finished prototype is made out of black 1/4" irrigation line with a tee every 18" and a 4" leader coming off the tee with a brass Orbit replacement head screwed in. So far so good - couple minor leaks at the tee connections but I can fix those pretty easy I think.

• Options
    Tommy, I've never had that problem with the Obitz, so I was kind of surprised to read your encounter. I have had that problem with others, and found that by using a lighter, and GENTLY heating them, they stopped leaking. Just an FYI for the future. Sounds like you've got it figured out though, so ......stay COOL! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    The problem we had was with the slip-lok devices - as I said we couldn't get them to stop leaking. Due to the 100% failure rate I'm sure it was something we were doing wrong but I think the instructions were written by Alde haha. Also, the end plug absolutely did NOT fit like the instructions say it should and kept popping out when the water was turned on. Anyway that's about the time I discovered the brass nozzles would fit my other project so we gave up and returned it.

I will look into your other suggestion of Alligator clips with nylon - can you give me a visual on that?

• Options
    Wish I could, had another set of misters that came with them. I can try to describe for you though. Alligator clip with nylon loop that snaps together so you can accommodate the irrigation line without taking it apart. I'll go on line and research it a little for you. Let you know what I come up with.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Tommy, go to Amazon, punch in misting systems, look at Orbit 20066 portable 1/4" outdoor mist cooling system. The alligator clips are shown in the first photo, with a close-up where the guy is attaching them to an umbrella. Those are the ones I was referring to. Good luck!  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    OHH!, very cool thanks Eric. I recognize those now as something I used to use to hold my company badge on before I retired  =)

https://www.amazon.com/Yueton-50pcs-Double-Straps-Adapter/dp/B013QOYWFA

• Options
    ... and it's Prime day ... as if I needed more reasons to buy something from Amazon LOL
  • Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    Sounds like a low humidity modification to me. Our Ky 90% humidity kinda precludes the use of a "mister". Wets the sweat, bout all.
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    KyBawpaw, Stand closer to the mister! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    I call that a shower.  ;)
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Depends on how big the mister nozzles are!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ericnliz said:
    KyBawpaw, Stand closer to the mister! =)
    Stand to close to Mister Who? Or is that Dr. Who? Mr. Mister? Wasn't that a band a long time ago? :confused:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ratkity, you're just on a roll today! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    larrygonlarrygon Member Posts: 255
    I have been using this with great luck, 18-Volt Two Speed Misting Bucket Top Fan
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Arctic-Cove-18-Volt-Two-Speed-Misting-Bucket-Top-Fan-MBF0181/205744083
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." Albert Einstein
    2015 T@B M@X S White with Grey trim | TV 2021 Ascent Touring | Flagstaff AZ.
  • Options
    larrygon, Another great idea!
    Spokane, Wa.