Options

Apple TV box & WIFI

1.  Has anyone successfully hooked up an Apple TV device to the entertainment system?

2.  what is the wifi quality at most campgrounds that offer it?  We've never tried it, just wondering if it's slow as molasses or would it allow streaming  a movie from Netflix/Amazon, etc?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Can't answer the first but reading comments here, there, everywhere from others, most campground wifi sucks and you have to make sure you're close enough to the transmitter to get a good signal or get a wifi booster.
    From my travels, it seems only commercial (and some state) campgrounds have wifi - none of the federals.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    You would be better off with a service that supports offline streaming. I use a wireless display adapter which is the same idea as the Apple box with my Jensen system. I download movies through the windows movie store or use Amazon to watch offline and stream to my TV using Miracast. I have, at times, watch brief snippets with the Watch ESPN app live streaming over the cellular data Network.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MrAmazonMrAmazon Member Posts: 61
    redaunt said:

1.  Has anyone successfully hooked up an Apple TV device to the entertainment system?

2.  what is the wifi quality at most campgrounds that offer it?  We've never tried it, just wondering if it's slow as molasses or would it allow streaming  a movie from Netflix/Amazon, etc?

1.  YES!  We use AppleTV when traveling in our T@B, and recently cut off Time Warner and use only AppleTV streaming Hulu & Netflix to watch our shows. 

2.  This is hit & miss and can be very frustrating at times.  I would say 60% of the sites we have camped have a strong enough signal to stream.  
    2016 T@B silver Sofitel/Outback combo, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport TV, Kernersville N.C.
  • Options
    RlethbriRlethbri Member Posts: 38
    Yes. That's all my wife and I use. We disconnected our cable about a year ago. I have mine wired behind my tv down thru the bench seat. It's powered by the 110 outlet that powers the ALDE and the HD wire is hid behind the tv. 
    As for the wifi, it's not bad from my experiences. The problem I'ved had is when the camp sites ask for a wifi password and don't connect to the Apple TV automatically. When that happens, unless to talk to their admin it'll be tough to get pass it.  If that's the case, we just read a book or throw in an old movie. 
    Sun Valley Idaho living, 2 restaurants, 2 labs, 1 helluva wife! 2016 T@B Max-S Outback towed by. 2007 Toyota FJ Crusier