Options

A/C problem

This discussion was created from comments split from: Out with the CoolCat, In with the Frigidaire 6K Btu Window A/C.
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• Options
    AnnieoakleyAnnieoakley Member Posts: 22
    Im on my maiden voyage.  Temp hit 105 in late afternoon.  AC It quit cooling and came back on after "cooling  off".  I'm in an RV park on a golf tournament.  No tree or other shade,  T@B s max. About 15% humidity. Any one else have this happen?  Can I get  a larger unit for the T@B?   Everything else working fine.  Did nearly get a burn from water coming through hose into coach during this time. That will get your attention while trying to get a quick shower. 
    Ramblin' scramblein' Tumb@lweed   Gray/Red 2016 Max S, Wichita Falls Texas 

What ever you do, what ever your goal, keep your eye upon the donut  and not upon the hole. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    When the AC quits cooling, it means it's overheating. The baffles set up in the factory are very important to divert the hot air out and fresh air in. The additional circulating fan is important and if I remember your picture, you might need a bigger fan because the window unit is smaller than the Coolcat was. Just a few thoughts. 

I only say the AC shuts down when overheated because I forgot to take my AC "cover" off and the AC stopped cooling. When I went outside for something else, I had a D'oh moment.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Annieoakley, I believe you have a newer T@B model. Make sure you turn on the auxiliary fan (switch next to the A/C cabinet). This helps the hot air to be released from cabinet. My A/C has been running constantly since last Sunday, minus daytime Monday, and has kept the inside temp at 70*. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”