Reliable source for Alde fuses

13»

Comments

• luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    "Good Morning Mike

It is the fast blowing fuse, F3.15AL Fast-Blow Fuse 3.15A 250V Glass Fuses 

There are 2 fuses in the system, no extra. They are available through nücamp or Amazon."

ok, are these 2 fuses? #1 fuse... Fast Blow F3.15AL  

#2 fuse....Fast Blow 3.15A 250V Glass Fuses

Next Question:  I checked Amazon thinking shipping may be faster and possibly free, hard to tell if these are the same fuses as recommended above.

My alde blew a fuse, my town does not carry and we are heading soon for a trip up thru idaho, oregon and WA , may need heat.    Thanks for any suggestions. Been reading the posts, still confused!

Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner
  • RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited September 2017
    We all are. It seems the standard fuse is the 3.15A L fast-blow. Responding to queries, Alde has said it is OK to use the slow-blow version of that fuse, or even to go up to a 5A fast blow. See the following posts from Alde UK:  (F-type is fast blow)

Thank you for your enquiry. The standard 3.15 A F-type glass fuses used

on the 3 kW PCB are used as standard in the system throughout Europe. It

is true that the electrical installation in some Bailey vehicles appears

to cause surges that blow the fuse, although whether this is the

manifestation of a common fault has not, to the best of our knowledge,

been determined.

We recommend _not_ exceeding a 5 A F-type glass fuse. Within this range,

the boiler's electronics will still be protected.

Regards,

Alde UK Team

(Another quote from Alde service in UK: 

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your email.

It looks as if there has been a typo on Bailey's website (as the photo is showing a 3.15A fuse)

The Alde boiler takes 3.15A slow-blow (time-delay) glass fuses. 2 on the Compact 3010, and only 1 on the Compact 3020.

Thank you for letting me know, I'll give Bailey a nudge to change their website to save anyone else getting confused!

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Steph

Stephanie O'Meads

Customer Service Advisor

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • luvmytabluvmytab Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2017
    thanks Alde UK team..... ps. do you suggest a central reference website(perhaps in US) for all of our T@B Alde knowledge needs? It takes a long time to skim thru the search system of this forum, though it certainly is so helpful, especially if one has hours to dedicate to learning the Alde ins and outs. Please advise of any central resource. Thanks!!
    Barbara in Durango... T@B Max S 2015...Red & White... pull with 2016 Toyota Forerunner