Options

Fresh water tank

I have a T@B 2016. what is the water tank size as in gallons.

Comments

• Options
    kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I think my 2016 S has an 11 gallon tank. 
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I just bought a 2017 Outback and the dealer told me the fresh water tank was moved and was now 15-20 gallons.  I can't find any documentation from T@B to verify that information.  Does anyone know?
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yes, it is now external, located underneith on the door side. That change was made at some point on the 2015 models.
  • Options
    Thanks, PXLated.  Do you know if the capacity did change to 15 to 20 gal?
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Yes it did - Used to be an internal 5 gal as I recall.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have sent an inquiry to Pleasant Valley asking the exact size of the tanks. My tanks are 5 gallons black, 19 gallons gray and 11 gallons fresh water. This is on a 2014 with mostly 2015 upgrades.  I am unaware of any changes to the size of the tanks at this time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @chuckshaver and @Smullis7   This applies to all Pleasant Valley T@B's manufactured since the 2015 models (except for the very early 2015's that had a 5-gallon fresh water tank).

This is straight from Scott Hubble's keyboard:

Fresh water is 11 gallons (no change) 
    Black tank is 6 gallons (no change and I was wrong)
    Gray water is 19 gallons (no change).

(For those who don't know him, Scott is the CEO of Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers, the factory that produces our T@B's and TAG's and the LG line of teardrops.) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    I just received my 2017 Outback S model and it has 6 gallon black, 19 gallon gray, and 11 gallon fresh.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options
    Hmmmmm - Could have swore I was told my fresh was larger than 11 - Can't find my old dealer notes though. Oh well :-)
  • Options
    Thanks, Verna!  I must be more conservative on water than I thought. :-)

• Options
    keithpkeithp Member Posts: 31
    I bring an extra 10 gallons of water in jerry cans; there's plenty of gray water space, so it's just a matter of refilling the fresh tank.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Mine are the same as V and Coloradojon.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Now for another bit of good news. Those of you with 2016 and later models may have an 8 gallon black water tank. (Did I hear a sigh of relief??). That's what Ed said in an email to me. Scott didn't say anything about it, but Ed said they are trying to figure out how to get an 8.75 gallon tank in place. 

Purely a guess....are the toilets higher in the 2016 and 2017 models to accommodate the extra two gallons?
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    keithp said:
    I bring an extra 10 gallons of water in jerry cans; there's plenty of gray water space, so it's just a matter of refilling the fresh tank.
    @keithp, I can get 4 frugal Navy showers into the 19 gallon gray tank, plus some dishwashing. I always plan on adding 3 to 4 gallons of fresh water per Day the fresh water tank.  I have a new gravity fill-up system I'd like to try next week, if I can get away for a few days of camping.  

And another thought that has been tossed around here, to conserve fresh water, why not drain a gallon jug full of gray water to use for toilet flushing?

Just some of my thoughts and practices. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Verna - an 8 gallon black tank?  I'll have to test that out and see what mine really is.
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • Options

My toilet sits just about normal toilet height, but I've not been in a pre-2016 model to compare.  Verna, the grey water to flush the toilet idea is a great one.

• Options
    Norbert1223Norbert1223 Member Posts: 82
    How do you get the grey water out of the tank into the gallon container?  I'm afraid I'd have it dumped all over the ground.  

Debbie and the Bulldogs; 2016 T@B Max S; 2016 Toyota 4 Runner
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    One way to conserve your gray water tank is a swim suit and a sun shower.  Get wet outside then use the T@B shower to lather up and rinse.  If camping in remote locations I would use a sun shower and a good biodegradable soap and do all my showering outdoors.  We will be doing a mix of dry and wet camping so about the time we empty our water tank and fill our wast tanks we should be headed for a campground where we can dump the waste and take on potable water.
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    Norbert1223 - You can get a dump cap that has a hose fitting - Easier to control into a bucket, especially if you put a shut off vavle on the hose.
  • Options
    I always try to find a campground with showers whenever I have to dump. Saves on water and get a nice long scrub a dub. Kill two birds with one stone. 
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I always try to find a campground with showers whenever I have to dump. Saves on water and get a nice long scrub a dub. Kill two birds with one stone. 
    Always better than the reverse - don't want to kill birdies when going long periods without a shower or dump. :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ratkity, you are ruthless!  :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    :lol: I'm afraid if I ever get to meet PXL and am allowed to follow him out on a photo shoot, he'll just sneak off and leave me in the desert after the shoot and arranging for all GPS satellites to suddenly need their software updated.
  • Options
    Ratkity who, where? Don't know nuthin.
  • Options
     =) 
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I bowed to PXLated wishes and I did not take a photo of him. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Mysteries are always good - Plus I can pull the lurking zomby routine on ya all at will :-)
  • Options
    JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
    Verna said:
    I bowed to PXLated wishes and I did not take a photo of him. 
    Did you check to see if he cast a reflection in a mirror?  :|
    2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow
  • Options
    JustJohn, That might be scary! :o
    PXL, ;) I don't think you'd ever pass as a lurking Zombie!
    Spokane, Wa.