Options

No DC power

I need some help in trouble shooting a DC electrical problem. I had an over charging issue with our 2012 TAB battery.  We replaced the battery with a new one and replaced two fuses, one 30 amp on the fuse panel & the second on the yellow power lead on the battery. We still have no DC power. What did I miss? Is there another fuse somewhere? 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Could it be the the little red ground fault button on your AC outlet is tripped? Don't know if that also affects the DC system but might.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,477
    The ground fault only affects the 120 volt AC receptacles. I don't think there are any additional DC fuses that would cause widespread loss of DC power. There is a 40 amp reverse polarity fuse, but that should only blow if you accidentally swap your battery leads.

Do your 12 volt devices operate on shore power? If not, that suggests the converter is faulty. If so (and assuming all connections are correct and fuses are good) check the connection from the battery to the converter. Look for the large red wire under the driver's side bench, and make sure blade connectors at the converter harness are secure. Last time I was mucking around in there, I noticed mine were not very tight.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    zorrozorro Member Posts: 7
    Ist thanks for the comments. It's a bad Parallax converter. Does anyone know if there a better converter for replacement or should I stick with this brand?