Options

Fuses -- I'm confused

Should I have extra fuses on hand, and where can I read about where they go and how to replace them?  Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Yes. There are several threads about the various fuses you need. Search "fuses" (upper right) and you'll get the skinny. There are three main fuse groups - main fuse box, Alde, Fridge. The first are standard automotive blade fuses found at any auto parts store. Most order the others online.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    The "hidden" fuses (in addition to the main groups PXL mentioned above are (1) 30 amp in-line blade at the battery, (2) in-line blade fuse behind the television, (3) small blade fuse in back of the Jensen (need to remove it from the cabinet to access) and (4) glass fuse in the ceiling fan. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2016
    Ok, @OutbackAZ
    you've done some sleuthing here.
    I had no idea about the 'fuse behind the television' or the Jensen fuse...

(Thanks!)
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OutbackAZ said:
    The "hidden" fuses (in addition to the main groups PXL mentioned above are (1) 30 amp in-line blade at the battery, (2) in-line blade fuse behind the television, (3) small blade fuse in back of the Jensen (need to remove it from the cabinet to access) and (4) glass fuse in the ceiling fan. 
    Don't forget the inline fuse to the CO detector and the GFI set/reset button on the outlet near the CO detector. The smoke detector takes a 9 volt battery (which was removed promptly after crisping bacon for the first time). Some air conditioners have a GFI set/reset button on their 110v plug (YMMV since there are so many AC models out there).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Sorry... I keep forgetting about the fuses related to the media package - don't have it :-)
  • Options
    There's an in-line fuse to the CO detector?  I missed that one.
  • Options
    baclawsonbaclawson Member Posts: 17
    oh my.  I have a lot of learning to do.  Thank you everyone!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    It's all so conFUSING! Just bring spares, you'll be ok. =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I'll update the fuse inventory sheet this week unless someone beats me to it.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks OutbackAZ, helpful for the new folks here!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf