Options

New Tab Dealer Checklist/Punch List?

Hi all, I have done searches for Dealer Checklist, Dealer Punch List, New T@B Checklist, New T@B Punch list, and can't seem to find the document I read a couple of months ago regarding the list of things you have the dealer check out before you pick up your T@B. 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Maybe we could also tag that forum with keywords so that others can find it who type in checklist and punch list? Thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited August 2016
    Here's one thread...
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/43671/#Comment_43671
    There's others - Try using a single search term - I found this with just "checklist", sometimes one can get too specific :-)
  • Options
    FloridalohaFloridaloha Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2016
    Well, not to be disagreeable, but that thread has no checklist for the dealer to go through before I pick up the trailer, which is what I need. Things like them looking into it with a flashlight to check for build issues, leaks, etc.

That's the way searches should work, you use specific words and they show up in a search. If you want to find a dealer checklist, that should be the correct search term to use. 

I'll keep looking. I was hoping for an easier way to find it. I did search for just checklist and there are a ton of unrelated threads to comb through.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Floridaloha, Shouldn't the dealer already have a checklist? If not, they should, and if they do, couldn't they provide you with a copy? Just asking.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I hear you, Eric, but there was a thread I read a couple of months ago that said not to trust that the dealer will check everything they need to. So I'm looking for that checklist that was posted here, I thought it was helpful. My dealer seems a little clueless about a few things so I want to be sure they do things right. For instance, they told me I couldn't install an awning on my Outback because it had no keder rail. It had the rail, it just had the black plastic insert in it. They also didn't know about the cutoff switch for the battery (which was not yet installed). They also told me not to shut the battery off when I have the RV parked in my yard. So...I just want to be doubly sure. I bet someone will remember it if I can't find it in the meantime on this not terribly reliable search engine.
  • Options
    Geeeeeez - Just trying to help - you listed several types of checklists, sorry I couldn't read your mind as to which you thought was most pertinate. Simple searchs like "checklist" might get you there - have you tried it yet?
  • Options
    Floridaloha, Might have been Photomom who had the list, she was pretty darn thorough when she purchased her rig. Would't hurt to shoot her a message and see. If it wasn't her, I'll bet she could steer you in the right direction as I know she did a lot of research, and asked a lot of good pertinent questions. Good luck.  
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    On another note, when you find a thread you think you might want to re-look at, bookmark it. That's what I do, and it saves having to search through a bunch of un-related threads!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Eric, I'll try checking with Photomom, and thanks for the tip about bookmarking. I've done that since then but I think it was maybe the first couple of days on the forum I saw it. There's some great info here.

SAM, that's good but this was T@B-specific as to build, accessories, etc., so I still would like to find it.

PXLLated, I'd chill a bit, maybe re-read my post. I was specific about what I was looking for and just explained why the search engine wasn't bearing fruit by showing the keywords I'd used. My issue is with the search engine, not you, so please don't take it personally. I know you're a good moderator here and provide great info. I'm just frustrated I can't find what I saw using logical search terms. Someone a week or so suggested a WIKI page for T@B, it might be a good idea as it's sometimes hard to find things here, even using Search.
  • Options
    Floridaloha, did you find the Tab Owners Manual created by Breakaway?
  • Options
    Sorry Floridaloha but you list two, dealer and new T@B, could be two different things. Plenty of lists here. My suggestion, simplifying your search, might help. I know trying to find stuff you forgot to bookmark can be frustrating but relax, take the suggestions. The answers will come.
    Wiki - Some like them, some don't, but either way, nobody has stepped up to create or manage one.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PXLated said:
    Sorry Floridaloha but you list two, dealer and new T@B, could be two different things. Plenty of lists here. My suggestion, simplifying your search, might help. I know trying to find stuff you forgot to bookmark can be frustrating but relax, take the suggestions. The answers will come.
    Wiki - Some like them, some don't, but either way, nobody has stepped up to create or manage one.
    No, those were the search terms that I used just to show everything I tried. See the end of the sentence, "...can't seem to find the document I read a couple of months ago regarding the list of things you have the dealer check out before you pick up your T@B." That's pretty specific.

I have a lot of web experience, maybe I can organize the WIKI once I get a little less busy. 
  • Options
    SAM said:
    Floridaloha, did you find the Tab Owners Manual created by Breakaway?
    No, didn't know this existed. I'll see if I can find it, or if anyone has a link it would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    I found the thread you need.  Search:  Dealer walk through list.
    Here is a link for the Tab Owners Manual.  
  • Options
    Good job SAM!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    You also mash2!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Yay SAM and Mash2!!! Thank you so much. You guys are the greatest! (and you too, Ericnliz ;-) ) I've added a few keywords to the original thread to help others find it more easily. 
  • Options
    Big thanks for the link to the T@B manual. Even if it is 2 years old it is probably pretty darn close to what I have in the 2016. Great information in there! Will print a copy for my TV glovebox too. 
  • Options
    Welcome.  They did a very nice job!