Options

Black water tank assembly fell off!

Cheryl74074Cheryl74074 Member Posts: 71
edited September 2017 in Heating/Plumbing & Winterizing
Sometime yesterday while driving home from Tearstock, our drain/valve assembly from the black water tank fell off. 
Luckily, we had visited the dump station before leaving Atwood Lake... 
Has anyone ever heard of this happening?? 
Cheryl
2015 T@bitha (SMaxx)
Cheryl, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel, 2015 T@b S Maxx (T@bitha)

Comments

• Options
    DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    Yuk and yikes! Where did it break off?

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Definitely could have been a real mess.  Contact your dealer as this should still be covered under warranty, they should be able to help you.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Unfortunately we weren't really impressed with the dealers knowledge of our model of the T@b. Plus, they are over 2 hours away. I'm hoping that Little Guy can send us the parts and we can have it installed locally.
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    "Sh&% happens." ;) This should be an easy fix. The parts aren't proprietary from what I can see... ...and in a pinch are available at a larger RV parts supply store or online (in case you need it prior to a part getting sent).
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    *I couldn't resist... this is the same line uttered when my friend had a collision on route to a dumping station. Someone hit him... and need I say what the results were? Yuck doesn't cover it (large 5th wheel RV)
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Finally had a chance to talk to Ed Kaufman today, and it turns out we're not the only ones with this problem! 
    Apparently the glue that they've been using recently hasn't been holding, so they are searching for a glue that will hold plastic to ABS. If you have a new trailer, keep an eye on your drain pipes!
  • Options
    RetAFRetAF Member Posts: 13
    So where else have they used this alleged glue?  I wonder if it is somewhere where we can't easily self-repair.
  • Options
    I'll be keeping an eye on the grey water drain pipe, but I don't know where else it's been used. 
    I'll be talking to Ed again tomorrow, so I'll ask about what else we should be looking for...
  • Options
    They've found a glue that will work to repair this. I was told that the problem was only with the drain pipe from the black water tank, because that tank is made from a different plastic than the drain pipe plastic.
    The grey water tank is the same plastic as the pipe, so that shouldn't be a problem.
    If you have a recently built T@b, keep an eye on the black water drain/tank assembly!!!
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    Hey Cheryl, what are the last numbers of your VIN? We are #22. Did you actually get some of the new glue to repair it?

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    I think the last 3 numbers of our VIN are 147. 
    We are planning a road trip from Oklahoma to New England, so we're going to stop in Sugarcreek- so they can fix it.
    I think they will send you some glue if you have the same problem, or at least tell you what kind of glue you need to use!
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    Fingers crossed that we won't have the problem. Thanks for sharing. At least if it happens we won't be too surprised and will know that there is a resolution. And all the more reason to stay with a "no #2" rule.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Paula & Larry - I am #27.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014