Options

ARB saved the day!

We have only had our ARB a short while and it has already payed off.  We are part of the Northeast Ohio power outage that occurred on Tuesday night.  We have been without piwer for going on 3 nights.  But, thanks to the ARB and our neighbor sharing their genetator, we saved the majority of the freezer contents.  There was no way I was giving up on fresh frozen pesto and 20 # of hand picked blueberries!  And, I was prepping to make rye bread and Rosemary Olive Oil bread.  Although delayed, I was able to bake on our stone on the grill!  Keep your fingers crossed.  They report we will have power by Friday noon
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That is great!  I lost the contents of my fridge and freezer while at Tearstock. Had I been home, the ARB and Zamp solar panels would have saved the day!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited August 2016
    Fresh frozen pesto. Hmmmm...

If your neighbor's generator runs out of gas, and you happen to need someone to eat it.... you know, so it won't go to waste.... The drive from Buffalo to Cleveland isn't too long. Just sayin.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @SAM I am my brother's house on the west side of CLE right now and we lost power for a few hours yesterday. Hope you get your power on soon! 

I was planning to drive home this weekend, but I might delay due to the deluge forecasted for the weekend.

I should have stayed in CO another cou9ke of weeks, lol. Way too hot and humid for me, here.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    The Gods of Power in the form of the Illuminating Company came through!  We have power as of 4:30 PM!  I am electronically multi-tasking as I type.  Has convinced us to invest in a natural gas generator.  It was a good test for the ARB, still would have preferred to test it in the back of a Tab!

Sorry Chan - no pesto for you!  Jenn, I saw the forecast and it looks like the heavens have saved up the rain and is releasing it all at once.  Rain expected daily for the next week- go figure!  Jenn, do you have your Tab with you?  You may need to put that solar to work before the end of the weekend. Going to go enjoy my screen porch.  It may be warm, but just knowing I can retire to the A/C makes it OK!
  • Options
    SAM said:
    The Gods of Power in the form of the Illuminating Company came through!  We have power as of 4:30 PM!  I am electronically multi-tasking as I type.  Has convinced us to invest in a natural gas generator.  It was a good test for the ARB, still would have preferred to test it in the back of a Tab!

Sorry Chan - no pesto for you!  Jenn, I saw the forecast and it looks like the heavens have saved up the rain and is releasing it all at once.  Rain expected daily for the next week- go figure!  Jenn, do you have your Tab with you?  You may need to put that solar to work before the end of the weekend. Going to go enjoy my screen porch.  It may be warm, but just knowing I can retire to the A/C makes it OK!
    Glad you have been properly illuminated!

My T@b is with me and plugged into shore power while I am inside my brother's house, enjoying full blown a/c. It looks to cool off early next week (well, cooler, anyway.) I loaded up in a deluge in May, so it would be fitting to unload in a deluge.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Enjoh your visit.  Yes, the humidity is nuts.
  • Options
    Made it home between raindrops...to a broken home a/c. Sleeping in the T@b, again

• Options
    Jenn, the A/C gremlins got your number!  Hope it is an easy fix.