Options

No-see-um Window Screen Tutorial

13»

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    SAM said:
    I tried @Luckyj’s mod above from the inside of the screen - no go as the blades kept hitting a piece of the fabric screening.  I think I need to make a hair net that will fit around the lip of the screen.  Need very thin cording and maybe no casing.
    It MIGHT be possible to attach a circle of noseeum mesh on the outside of the fan screen (the side facing the floor of the T@B using command type strips. I'd recommend the command picture hanging strips since the mesh will be removable when not needed and the strips don't leave residue. I have the Maxxair fan which is a bit different so I can't prototype.

Or, here's an idea from someone who believes that things should be just clean enough to be healthy: After running the fan a few times you will see a layer of dust on the fan screen. I'm thinking that serves the same purpose as noseeum mesh.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SAM, Allison put a note on the FB üCamp18 Page that Elsie has the fuzzy pieces for the window screen back in stock. Elsie@nucamprv.com is her email. It’s free for those who need it. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    @SAM, Allison put a note on the FB üCamp18 Page that Elsie has the fuzzy pieces for the window screen back in stock. Elsie@nucamprv.com is her email. It’s free for those who need it. 
    Be sure to let her know what T@B you have, how many windows it has, and your mailing address. Hopefully she has recovered from last week's long days!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @Photomom, we have the MaxxAir too.  Can you share what you did?  I am not sure if they are actually entering via the fan, but I want to cover my bases...beyond the dust😏

@Verna, I planned to get some Bug Fuzz while at uCamp, but Elsie was so popular I decided to wait until we returned home!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM said:
    @Photomom, we have the MaxxAir too.  Can you share what you did?  I am not sure if they are actually entering via the fan, but I want to cover my bases...beyond the dust😏

@Verna, I planned to get some Bug Fuzz while at uCamp, but Elsie was so popular I decided to wait until we returned home!  
    Did not do anything, there is a fair amount of dust/lint on the screen.
  • Options
    TinkTink Member Posts: 28
    These window coverings really do keep out the bugs.  One thing I've noticed though, is they also cut down on the airflow through the windows.  Has anyone else noticed that? 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Not surprised.  The PaHaque tent uses nu-see-em screening and it gets pretty stuffy.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Emma62Emma62 Member Posts: 51
    I'm making the noseeum screen covers, so far so good but am wondering why you also use the trailer screen when you use the noseeum screen?  Seem like the noseeum screen would be fine on it's own and two layers of screen aren't needed.  
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Emma62 said:
    I'm making the noseeum screen covers, so far so good but am wondering why you also use the trailer screen when you use the noseeum screen?  Seem like the noseeum screen would be fine on it's own and two layers of screen aren't needed.  
    I've had aggressive 'skeeters find their way right around the window nets. In addition, the ones that you swat trying to get around the net create a real charnel house vibe as they get smucked between the net and the window frame. To whatever extent the trailer screen provides a first line of defense to cut down the infiltration, I'd leave 'em closed!
    Regardless, I haven't had to resort to the nets after installing the bug fuzz and sealing the gaps around the screen frames. However, most of my fight has been with mosquitoes--no-see-ums might pose a different challenge ans they can apparently fly/crawl right through the regular trailer screens! 
    2015 T@B S