Options

Five stars for Ed Kaufman

JustJohnJustJohn Member Posts: 171
I would like to thank Ed for the excellent service and response he has shown me. I had the mixer valve go bad while on a recent trip and he overnigted the part to my dealer, so I was back on the road in one day. He has also sent me replacement taillight assemblies and the fan kit for the refrigerator. He has been helpful in each instance doing everything possible to resolve my issues. His job cannot be easy as everyone he deals with has a problem. So five stars and a thank you to Ed. Now to my dealer who has just told me he is five weeks out on doing my warranty repairs. This is totally unacceptable. In my opinion, a dealership should put warranty repairs on units they have sold at the front of the line, especially if it is a safety issue like tail lights. I am not about to wait five weeks for the repair so I will have the work done by a RV repair shop in Waynesboro, Va near the campground I'll be using. I will have to pay for the repair but I won't lose five weeks of use and camping time. My T@B will be out of warranty soon anyway. I will also not spend another penny with my dealer and will not be a repeat customer. So to my dealer, you get five raspberries and no more of my business!
2016 Outback.....North East N.C...... Former 2012 Silver Shadow

Comments

• Options
    JacobyOJacobyO Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2016
    Ed is the man. He went above and beyond for us as well. 

** Statement amended to delete incorrect information by Admin **

• Options
    I may be mistaken, but it was my impression Pleasant Valley will continue to manufacture the T@B. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PV will continue to manufacture. LG only marketed and distributed. The original magazine article was confusing.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited August 2016

@JacobyO, sorry, but your information is incorrect. Pleasant Valley will remain the manufacturer of T@B's, T@G's, Cirrus and the future T @B 400 (or whatever it will be called). 

(I have have taken my Admin magic wand and removed the incorrect information. )

@JustJohn, you are correct. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I'm afraid I had a bad warranty experience at PV replacing the rear cracked panel of my T@B and other cracked molding. I am still fixing problems caused by a rushed job. I consider it just one of those anomalies and am glad for the majority of people who have had good experiences. I am grateful that in the inside electronics have been flawless and the people here that have contributed to an enjoyable experience in learning and mods that have made T@B life exciting. Keep up the great ideas!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JacobyOJacobyO Member Posts: 35
    Wow, I must have read that very wrong. Glad to see PV keeping the T@B.
  • Options
    JacobyO, So am I. This is my second L G unit, both made in PV. They have always been responsive and fair with me. Others may have had different experiences, but that's why I bought my T@B because I felt I could rely on PV to make things right even if my dealer let me down, as I feel they have done (per my previous post). Nothing has happened to change my opinion.
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Agree with the award to Ed!
  • Options
    SaskTabbySaskTabby Member Posts: 19
    I also want to give big props to Ed.  

We had a water pump go less than 5 days from our first trip with the T@B.  He shipped the pump to us 2nd day.  We're in Canada so it wouldn't have been cheap. 

Unfortunately we've had a few too many reasons to contact Ed in this or first summer with the T@B (water pump, mixer valve, front propane cover, and window struts), but he has always been incredible to work with.  I am also impressed that in several cases the replacement parts have clearly been of superior quality to the ones which failed.
  • Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Ed as well as Elsie walk on water..extremely responsive
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God