Options

Battery Monitoring Using Trimetric 2030 A or RV 2010 DM T@B with Bathroom (or Victron BVM 700)

2»

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    It looks like the phone app might win this one! Easy to understand and read battery info via bluetooth. Seems way cool to me :) 
    Has anyone used this with dual batteries in series (without mid-point voltage), if so did the 700 model work as is ?

I am using this with GC batteries in series. You will select your battery  set up when you configure the monitor, although, if I remember correctly, the monitor automatically detected the correct set up.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    edited August 2016
    I have the trimetric 2025-RV and find it very valuable.  JKJenn uses a different one but provides similar data.  A voltage measurement is just that and not a measure of the state of charge.  I use a CPAP and have the 12V fridge and sometimes use an ARB.  I want to know well in advance when I will need to do something about my state of charge.  I can tell what my draw is, charging amount from solar and how many amp ours are remaining at any point in time.  

For the question on where to mount the meter, I have mine simply inside a cupboard with Velcro on the back.  When I want to look at I open the door take it out and look at it and put it back.  There is no wrong way.  We do not have a bath model.  Best of luck.

John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 452
    I have the Trimetric 2025 installed onto exterior of shower wall. Love it, happy to answer questions. Knowing exactly how much each appliance uses and actual battery capacity during charge and discharge is delightful. I find it entertaining and soothing to know battery status.  =)
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA