Options

Hello from WI, interested in a T@b

Hello. I am interested in a T@b as my next trailer. My first and current trailer is a lightweight, aluminum tent trailer. It's great, but I'll want a bathroom in a few years, I think. A T@b has been a dream for a few years. 
I will lurk a bit and get a feel for what it's like to have, enjoy, and maintain a self-contained small trailer. 

Thanks for the information and advice!
2016 nights camped 17 / 7 trips in a tent trailer
I want a T@b someday.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Welcome! I will be at Camp Randall in a couple of weeks.

Feel free to read and ask questions. I was on the forums before I ordered my T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited August 2016
    Was a neighbor and rival - MN -
    Lurk all you want - I read most the forum while waiting for my T@B - Allowed me to basically leave from the dealer an d begin my gypsy ways directly :-)
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! I hope you find the trailer you are dreaming about :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    IdlerockfarmIdlerockfarm Member Posts: 8
    Thank you! I'll lurk away. 
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    Jkjenn have fun at Camp Randall. I work near there. 
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    Jkjenn have fun at Camp Randall. I work near there. 
    Thanks. Most schools usually put the visiting team's family members in the nosebleed section, but it should still be a fun time. Any recommendations on local eateries? I won't be T@bbin' it as I am traveling with family. We are cashing in on hotel reward points. I'll miss my pup and the T@b, no doubt.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I haven't been there, but a dive-like breakfast place is called Mickey's and is right near the stadium.  People say the breakfast food is plentiful and good.  I can't vouch as it might have been hangovers talking.  :-)

There are decent places for food in town, but not generally if you are a foodie.  We have a James Beard winning chef if you're into $250 meals.  What's your desire?  It's difficult to say.  I had places I HAD TO go to often in St. Louis, but here I don't have favorites like that.  Also, I've fallen way behind with new restaurants.  But if you mention a cuisine I could recommend something.
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    The Great Dane brews their own beer and is downtown and some other locations, too.  They have food and it is always better than I expect bar food to be.  Some entrees are stellar.

Yes, Marigold is delicious for breakfast!
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. We will eat the free breakfasts at the hotel, but we are not foodies. We like our bar food, honestly, Mexican, and Italian and don't want to spend a fortune.

• Options
    JodellRJodellR Member Posts: 67
    Hello. I am interested in a T@b as my next trailer. My first and current trailer is a lightweight, aluminum tent trailer. It's great, but I'll want a bathroom in a few years, I think. A T@b has been a dream for a few years. 
    I will lurk a bit and get a feel for what it's like to have, enjoy, and maintain a self-contained small trailer. 

Welcome to the forum!  Live in the Twin Cities, but travel back and forth through Wisconsin and Iowa camping and visiting family and would be happy to share my thoughts or give a tour if ever our paths meet.  Bought mine at Jerry's Camping in Madison, and have loved it, and have near 5000 miles on it since I bought July 2015.  I have loved everything about my trailer and came from a 1965 canned ham, so was especially drawn to the look, as well as the quality.
    2015 Yellow/White T@b Max S, 2015 Navy Blue VW Tiguan TV, 2 yr English Bulldog navigator
  • Options
    Wow. Thanks. I would love to see it in person. I was planning to go look at Jerry's though I'm not ready to buy now. 

I'm also very interested in typical problems and maintenance needs (caulking brake lights,for example).
    I want a T@b someday.
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232

Welcome aboard.  Since you are used to and wanting to stay with a smaller trailer, I guess I don't have to warn you that it is not for everyone.  They are great trailers though, and they are excellent self contained units that are easy to travel with, which is why I like ours.

Make lots of use of the search function here, there is a ton of good information out there on owning and maintaining these trailers.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Idlerockfarm, We went from a tent trailer to the T@B and have not regretted it one bit. I especially like the fact that it is self-contained, level it, put down the stabilizers, open the door, and enjoy! Good luck on your choice. If you choose a T@B you won't be disappointed. Learn all you can here on the forum. Nice folks and a LOT of great information. Don't be afraid to ask questions. :)  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf