Options

Cool Cat Dual Heat Pump Problem- 2006 T@b

I am a newly-inherited-owner of a 2006 T@B and although I have been camping several times with the trailer I have come across my first big malfunction. My Cool Cat Dual Pump will not turn on at all. I have checked the fuses and even placed new ones in. The lights and outlets work so I believe that means the converter is working, or at least the lower voltage breaker on the converter is working. I purchased a digital thermostat to replace the analog and have not done it since the new thermostat does not fit the predestined area and I am a little nervous to attack carpentry work.

I know that I should check to make sure the converter is receiving the 110V but I am not quite sure exactly where I should attach the voltage meter for a reading. 

Other than those two options I am not sure what other problem shooting methods I could attempt? I have read other forums but haven't seen anyone with a Cool Cat and was a little intimidated to try anything.

Any suggestions would be a HUGE help! It's EXTREMELY hot here in Texas and I will graciously accept any advice.

Comments

• Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    If you are not comfortable using a volt meter, I would suggest calling a A/C service company in your area and have them check it out. They would be more familiar with heat pumps.
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    To check on 120v simply plug in some thing that is 120v into an outlet.  If that works, then it could be the AC circuit itself.

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    The 12vdc and 120vac circuits are completely separate and independent.  The only interaction is the converter needs 120vac to make 12vdc for battery charging and running 12vdc lights and appliances.
    All the fuses are for 12vdc circuits - not the 120vac. 
    There are two 120vac circuit breakers in the converter (the two big switches).  The 20A one is the CoolCat.  The 15A is the outlets.  Try cycling the breaker on and off to possibly reset a tripped condition.  If this doesn't fix the problem you will need to dig much deeper into the CoolCat wiring - not a simple task.
    The thermostat is unique to Duo-Therm AC/heat pump units and must be replaced with a compatible unit from Duo-Therm.  It may also have connections for the LP furnace.  General purpose home thermostats will not work.
    Good luck!
    Bob

• Options
    MakyoungMakyoung Member Posts: 2
    @jcfaber1 and @rfuss928 Thank you both for your help! That saved me from a couple of mistakes I would have made! It's been difficult finding information for my specific model. That was a HUGE help! I will try flipping the breaker a couple of times when I get home and then if the problem still arises I will seek professional help. Again, thank you both VERY much! You have blessed this little lady!