Options

T@b Max S Wheel to Wheel bed size?

Hi all!  I've seen many comments from solo travelers in a T@b that tend to lay down the back bench seat and sleep wheel to wheel (and leave the rest of the seating area as-is).  I have seen many posters here state that this makes a "twin sized" bed, but I couldn't find any measurements listed!  Does it become exactly 39 in × 75 in (apparently the "official" twin size bed size in the US) or....? 

I'm planning on getting a memory foam topper for the bed, and wondering if I will have to cut it to size.  Anyone do this layout that may have a tape measure handy?

2018 T@B Max S silver and black (aka TadT@B), Full-timing since July 2017

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,529
    Hi HR_Taly,
    The specs are listed on the Tab-RV website.  Inside width is 71 inches, so, shorter than a typical twin.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Thanks, Sam.  So the width (in this case, the length of the bed wheel to wheel) is 71".  And idea how "wide" the bed would be?  Again, this is for a new T@b Max S.
    (and my apologies for whoever belongs to this T@b- it showed up at the top of a google image search!)

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    41 inches - give or take a half.
  • Options
    HR_TalyHR_Taly Member Posts: 119
    Thanks SO much PXLated.  So it looks like a normal twin size would fit nicely width wise, it may just need a few inches (less than 4") cut off from the bottom so it doesn't buckle up.  Great news! :)

• Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Allow me to chime in, but if it's new and you've never slept in it, you might want to give it a try before buying anything expensive in a topper. We slept in our T@b for the first time last weekend and I was apprehensive because we hadn't had time to buy a topper. I personally thought the new cushions slept like a dream and so did my wife. So we're just getting a mattress pad to protect the cushions rather than a topper. Just my two cents.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    I use a 2" twin memory foam topper and cut the length to fit. The cushion us just a tad wider than a twin topper but it's negligible.  The 2" is thin enough to still allow me to fold it up to a seat if I need to but I generally leave the bed down. To me, it is so much more comfortable to sleep on. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)