Options

What do you consider to be your "Most Valuable" trailer mod?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Yoshi_TABYoshi_TAB Member Posts: 378
    edited January 6
    Where can I find more info on the TAB 320 rear seat hinge mod? I have the newer split seat (2023 TAB 320 BD).
    Hi @sportcoupe

Here is how I did this. The attached close up below may help. Please ask if anything was not clear. If you search the forum, there is a few other postings.  Others welded their parts.  I have found the screws hold just fine.

The BOM was:

-Square door hinge
    -Bar stock (3/16" thick),  1 1/2" wide.  
    -Small screws
    -T-nuts
    -Wood Screws
    - Blue Loctite

Tools: hacksaw, drill/bits, screw driver.

1. Remove the OEM hinge from seat and wood. Save screws.

2. Attach short piece of bar stock (#2) to door hinge and seat bottom wood frame using wood screws. You need to drill holes in the bar stock for wood screws to go through. Length of short piece not critical.

3. Measurement of longer bar stock (#1) is important. It's cut to length so it fits between OEM seat hinge and door hinge.  Once the door hinge is attached to the seat, you can use the OEM hinge to get measurement.  

4. Drill holes in long piece of bar stock to match up with holes in both OEM seat hinge and door hinge.

5. Attach long piece of bar stock to both hinges with scews, t- nuts and loctite

6. Screw OEM hinge back into position in wood support.

7. Repeat for all 4 sides

https://youtu.be/gout5r-O3xU

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    vshumate said:
    Is it necessary to use metal piece?  Couldn't say hard plastic be used?  In my mind there is not much pressure put on those metal pieces in either position.  Thanks
    Hi @vshumate

A flat piece of plastic would flex too much if you use the seat in the upright position as a seat back.    In upright position , the bar stock  is supporting the weight as the seat is no longer connected to the OEM hinge.  If you never use the seat that way, you could just put a hinge on the back side.

2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    fwunderfwunder Member Posts: 38
    edited January 7
    2023 400 BD. Drawer space modified for cat litter box space. If the cat's not happy, nobody's happy!!  ;)

• Options
    sportcoupesportcoupe Member Posts: 28
    edited January 6
    Yoshi_TAB said:
    Where can I find more info on the TAB 320 rear seat hinge mod? I have the newer split seat (2023 TAB 320 BD).
    Hi @sportcoupe

The BOM was:

-Square door hinge
    -Bar stock (3/8" thick),  1 1/2" wide.  
    -Small screws
    -T-nuts
    -Wood Screws
    - Blue Loctite

@Yoshi_TAB
    Did you really use 3/8"  thick bar stock or is that a typo?
    2023 T@B 320 S BD,
    TV: 2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L Wildtrak 4x4, Tow Package, Ford Brake Controller
    Georgia
  • Options
    edited January 6

@Yoshi_TAB
    Did you really use 3/8"  thick bar stock or is that a typo

oops..it was 3/16" ..tks for catching that.  I'll update the original  post
    2021 TAB 320 BD
    2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Southern Maryland
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    Me, my lithium battery upgrade. My wife, the bathroom fan addition... 

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,184
    Installing a larger and deeper sink with residential faucet. I’ve done a lot more technical mods but this one is practical and is used every day we’re in the camper. Best bang for the buck. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 297
    On the major side of modifications, installing 400ah of LiFePo4 batteries, 3000w Victron Multiplus, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Charger with external plugin would be number 1 for us. We no longer need to lug a generator along with us on our trips.

The small modifications we have made, while small compared to the battery mod, nonetheless make our Tab more convenient for us.

I swapped out the kitchen faucet for a taller, fold-down model that makes all the difference for washing dishes.
    I added a dimmer switch for the lights under the cabinet in the kitchen area.
    I installed a couple of fast-charging USB-C outlets.
    Installed a toggle switch to cut all power to the radio (And not have to pull the fuse)
    Installed a hinged door behind the dinette cushion, providing storage and support for the back cushion.
    Maxx Air fan.