Jeep Wrangler

Does anyone on the site pull their T@B with a Jeep Wrangler and if so hows it handle?

Comments

• KathKath Member Posts: 8
    Here's a neat interview with a gal who full times in her M@X S and pulls it with her Jeep Wrangler. Sounds like a DreamMachine, to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJVS_XSHL94

KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!
    KEEP THE MAGIC ALIVE!

2015 T@B M@X S. . . he, she will name itself on the next trip. . .
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited September 2016
    There's several of us with Wranglers - mostly 4-doors. Can't really tell the T@B is back there. Gas mileage goes down to 14-16 mpg though.
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I do!  It pulls like a dream.  I have an Outback and take her off road often...no issues.  I honestly think it pulls better with my Jeep Unlimited than my husbands Ford F-150...or it could be his driving...  :-). The tongue weight my be a bit much for the short wheel base of the 2 door Wrangler though...which is why I upgraded.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• MrAmazonMrAmazon Member Posts: 61
    edited September 2016
    We tow our T@B with a 2dr 2012 Wranger and have no issues.  Here is a link to a discussion I posted about it a little while back....

http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/2927/2dr-jeep-wrangler-tv#latest
    2016 T@B silver Sofitel/Outback combo, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport TV, Kernersville N.C.
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    There ya go.  A 2 door will work.  I had a 2007 and was told by both the Jeep and trailer dealers to get a 2012 Jeep or newer to pull the Outback model as the dry weight is @1900 lbs., so with the tanks full and some stuff, I'd be over 2000 and the newer engine is rated to tow 3500lbs.  
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    2 door Wranglers are only rated for 2000lb's. Doesn't matter about the engine, it matters about  wheel base.
    2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al
  • DennisHemingwayDennisHemingway Member Posts: 37
    I tow my 2013 T@B S with our 2012 Wrangler Sport V6, Automatic,  2 dr. with no problems. I had the trailer weighed after we loaded it for a 2 week trip and it came in at 1800lb's so I'm still under the 2000lb towing limit. Photo was taken the night before our trip.

2015 Jeep Cherokee tow Vehicle. 

Barstow, CA

• leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    2012 Wrangler Unlimited automatic. Does well on interstate highways and on steep winding mountain roads. And I removed the backseat and built a platform in the rear. Platform gives me split level storage space. I put an Igloo cube cooler behind the passenger seat and ran a tube from it into the floor drain. No more emptying melted ice! We have used this system for 3+ months several times with no worries. 
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Bt0325Bt0325 Member Posts: 7
    We tow 2021 CS-S with Wrangler JLU,  3.6L eTorque.  This is same engine/transmission used in Ram 1500 so it has plenty of power.  60 mph at just under 2,000 rpm.  Using 3.25-inch hitch drop there is no trailer sway.  Usually travel at 60 mph, but have momentarily reached 70 mph with no issue.  Never been above 3,000 rpm.
    2021 CS-S, “Skreppa”
    Jeep Wrangler JLU
    3.6L eTorque
    3.25 inch hitch drop
  • AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,272
    Wow @Bt0325, you dug up an oldie, but I'll play. Our 2D Wrangler pulls just fine. Extras that make towing with the Jeep better are that the T@B has brakes, we use a friction sway bar, regeared to 4.10 and added SumoSprings to stiffen up the rear suspension.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• sotbdsotbd Member Posts: 7
    We pull our 320 BD with our 2007 JKU without issue. I am running 37s on 4.88 gears on a 3.5" lift. T@b pulls great and only feel it when I am in the mountains. IMO if you are pulling with a newer, 2012 up, JK or JL you will be fine. I'd recommend 4.10 gears for towing. I use a 5" drop hitch. 
    @sotbd, nice setup! You may like switching to the Ultimate Jack. It's real easy to remove while hooked up to your tow vehicle to makes it possible to swing open the tailgate.

Stockton, New Jersey

• sotbdsotbd Member Posts: 7
    @AnOldUR, thanks for the idea. I am trying to figure out the best replacement jack that is fairly easy to remove to allow access the back via the tailgate. Like the top mounted crank also. 
    @sotbd, you're welcome. Takes less than a minute to remove the jack and wheel. When on the road, they ride conveniently in the small basket on the tongue. Our old dog was a big motivator for this mod. She had a really hard time getting into the back through the passenger side door on our 2D Wrangler. Being able to swing the tailgate open made her a happy camper. Hope that something like this can work for you.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    I lowered the weight on my JK and T@B by removing the spare from the T@B and using it with an wheel adapter on the Jeep. The adapter cost me 32 dollars. So now my Jeep is lighter as the tab tire is now mounted where the larger Jeep tire used to be mounted  on the Jeep tailgate and the T@B is about 55 pounds lighter as no tire on it. I have tested the Jeep up to 75 mph (no trailer) went very smooth. Many cars had doughnut tires to get them to a place to buy another tire. I have to use the adapter to mount tab tire on Jeep tailgate but that makes it nice as I know where the adapter is! Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge