Options

Potty positioning

ravineratravinerat Member Posts: 12
so when camping my wife has always used a five gallon pail with a toilet seat/lid on it for that middle of the night bathroom runs. We got a potty (never used) with our Tab. Where do you girls place this to use it? On the floor it is too low. If we put it on the platform where the air conditioner/furnace is it is too high for here. 

RR

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    My wife has simply used ours outside on the ground.  It is always dark and she chooses an inconspicuous location.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I use the toilet.  That's one of the main reasons I traded my beloved Silver Shadow teardrop for the T@B S. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JandJ92010JandJ92010 Member Posts: 304
    We use a porta-potty also, slide it under the table during the day and slide it out at night. Maybe you could build a platform to put it on?
    The HobbiT@B, 2015-L, towed by a2014 RAM C/V
  • Options
    TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    Same as JandJ for me.  It's a little low but beats going out in the cold
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas. The dog doesn't much care to share the floor with the potty at night.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 935
    My plan is to build it into a drawer that pulls out ready for use when needed.  This will add some height and simplify the use/storage cycle.  I have seen it done nicely by a couple other T@B owners.  It still is quite low on my priority list as the 6 year old potty is still "new".  Still, it seems like a nice idea and the added convenience may change the use pattern.

• Options
    Good idea. Post some pics if you get around to doing it.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Careful you don't slide in the cabinet while using it!! :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    rfuss928, Add handles and 'ya won't slide in, if 'ya do, you'll have a recovery method. Right Ratkity! :o  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    You could put a grocery store cart steering wheel on it with a working squeaky horn and beep beep as a warning. No falling forward either!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Prior to the T@B Max S I used a portable Trekker privy tent with my porti-potti.  I still have it and it can be used for events or even again when camping if needed.  I use it when the weather conditions change or after winterizing my trailer.   

4.jpg 197K
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    I've seen those portable out houses. My problem is my wife doesn't want to leave the trailer at night. 
  • Options
    I don't blame her, @ravinerat. Harvey can be scary in his skivies.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ravinerat said:
    I've seen those portable out houses. My problem is my wife doesn't want to leave the trailer at night. 
    @ravinerat, I have literally put my privy tent right outside the door of my former Silver Shadow teardrop. It was bear country and I knew I would need to get up during the night. Ahhhhh, I love my bathroom inside my T@B S!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    We leave the porta-potry that came with the T@b at home...and use the 5 gallon bucket comode for night-time number one needs. Its lined first with a standard garbage bag...and then we use the potty baggies (plastic over the seat) with the powder from walmart. It generally is up on the counter until needed overnight...and then anywhere out of the way during the day. I also thought the regular porta-potty would be too low...
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    We use a bucket wit a seat right now. Good height but the potty fits under the sink better. What's the powder from Walmart?

thanks everyone for the ideas.
  • Options
    rkhammondrkhammond Member Posts: 54
    They are called Ozark Trail Double Doodie - toilet waste bags. They have a ziplock type outer bag, with an inner bag that pulls out to fit over the seat area. The inner bag has a powdery substance that turns liqiuds into a gel. After use the inner bag folds back down into the ziplock outer bag to be sealed shut and disposed of. 
    Kelly & Roy ~ Wyoming
    2016 T@B Q ~ 
    2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
  • Options
    At Bass Pro and Outdoor World, they also sell the "Go Anywhere" brand. That's the brand I use and very similar to what @rkhammond showed. There's a tiny bit of powder in the bottom of the bag.  The bag fits inside the bowl of the potty and you put the seat down (no, not going there, boyz!! :lol:). The powder can hold up to 3 liters of fluid and turns it into a non-odorous gel. Each packet comes with toilet paper, a wet wipe at least a 5-mil thick outer bag that ziplocks. 

Wondering about your morning constitution? Well, that's the time you should change out the bag - it has enough length and depth to handle the bag safely without contaminating your hands or environment. No smell after gently rolling up bag and putting into provided ziplock. As your resident microbiologist, I will recommend you wash you hands (between fingers too!) every time you use facilities.