Options

T@B Custom Cover Questions after 1 year 9 months of Use

Hi, I bought the custom Pahaque cover in January 2015 when I bought the camper. It has been in use now for 1 year and 9 months.   I see on the teardropshop website that it has a waterproof coating and it is semi-breathable.  Mine doesn't seem to be waterproof anymore.  Also, I'm noticing heavy mildew/mold stains on the side against the camper which I guess could be caused by sweating and not from water penetration. I tried just about every cleaner stopping short of bleach to clean the cover and it won't come clean.  Anyone else having this issue?  I'm about to call the company to ask them, but I thought I would check here also.  I'm also wondering if I should invest in a 100% waterproof cover as I know RVs are famous for rotting over time from leaking roofs.  Does anyone have anything to share on this topic? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Oxyclean is based on hydrogen peroxide. First, check with Pahaque to see what to use. If you don't get an adequate answer, test an inconspicuous spot with diluted oxyclean or a diluted oxyclean/detergent mix. I wouldn't use straight peroxide on it (3% concentration). It might be a bit much for the fabric.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)