Options

T@b weight

jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
As a newbie, I struggled with the whole tow vehicle issue. Part of the problem was determining the weight of our new, used 2015 S Max Outback. The first owner said 1600#, but I encountered various other numbers too. When I called PV I was told 1860#. With all of the customization orders, it would be impossible for PV to state a single weight for a general build season. Did I miss some plate somewhere which has the total dry weight for our specific T@b-cuz I looked everywhere, well, except the basement. It would be nice to know the starting weight even if it will never be that precise weight again. And we took the plunge to buy a used 4Runner with a tow capacity of 7300! No more worries about braking with a T@b. Soon we'll actually get it out of the driveway-just in time for The Rains. In our T@b, T@b and Awaaaaay!
John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• Options
    Oops! It should be T@b, T@b T@b and away to stay true to the 1930's Superman!

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Correction - T@B, T@B, T@B :-)
  • Options
    Oops squared! But really, is there a place that notes the original dry weight?

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Look at the tags on the lower left front corner of the driver's side of the T@B. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna. Nope- Potable water warning,the 50 PSI warning, and the 3rd is the tire info plus " weight of the cargo should never exceed 1130 #" with the instructions to see the owners manual for additional information. Maybe the Outback model is different? I read the manual and found no weight. But for my own curiosity I'll take it to a scales nearby before loading it to confirm the 1860 figure. The more recent LG Outback video says ~2000#.

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I couldn't find anything on my Outback either and went with the 1900# dry weight/200# tong weight from the video on their website.  I haven't weighed it yet though...that's a good idea.  My TV is a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, which has a towing capacity of 3500#.  It easily tows it with tanks filled...well, gray and black were 50% and a bunch of stuff I was convinced I needed with me.  :-)
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I'm pretty sure the sure the dry weight of a 2015-S is around 1700lbs, and the GVWR is around 2800lbs. This accounts for the ~1100lbs of "cargo" indicated on the sticker.

In reality, I think it would be tough to cram 1100lbs into the T@B. Even filling all the tanks would only add add about 300lbs.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    You are correct, the individual weight is not listed on the VIN tag on the left side of the tongue--I was wrong. Just the Gross weights are there. 

The T@B S is approximately 1670 lbs excluding battery and propane tank (which are supplied by the dealer. I do not know the approximate weights of the other models. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    From the published brochures:

2014 models

2015 models

There are no current digital brochures for the 2016 or 2017 models.

The Outback is not listed separately. Please take the time to call the general information number at the factory. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Verna - Dang, I sure would be interested in that 2026 brochure - About the time I'll need a new T@B ;-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    Verna - Dang, I sure would be interested in that 2026 brochure - About the time I'll need a new T@B ;-)
    Fat fingered it and I'm on the iPad, not the iPhone ;). Duly corrected. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    'Ya should have kept him guessin'! He'd have something to chat with the ghosts about! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Thanks so much for the research, Verna and all of the info from others! You are a credit to the species! And that could not come at a better moment! Judi 
    T@B, T@B, T@B and Awaaayyy!