Options

Just joined this forum

Capt_KLRCapt_KLR Member Posts: 38
Just saying hello and letting you know I've joined the forum. Looking forward to participating in discussions and meeting fellow T@B owners.
Just purchased a 2016 T@B CS-S Max, looking forward to next season. Fall, winter and early spring not the greatest weather to camp on the north coast of British Columbia. My wife and I just recently retired and haven't camped for quite a few years and intend to make up for lost time next and future seasons. We are planning a few long trips already and are looking forward to these trips.

Phil

Comments

• Options
    TommyTommy Member Posts: 175
    Welcome from northern CA Phil!
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited September 2016
    Welcome aboard - I'd never camped till I got my T@B - Been enjoying it for two years now.
    Peruse the various categories there to the right - wealth of info. If you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome from Washington [Spokane]. We're almost neighbors here in the Great Northwest! Take the time to check out some of the extremely helpful threads here, and don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of knowledgeable folks here! Most importantly, have fun!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!! May you have many happy camping days ahead of you. You might find some Spring and Fall days not so bad to camp with the T@B. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    Welcome aboard Capt! We are waiting on our 2017 T@B to be delivered in the next few weeks. We live in the south so we can camp all year. I agree with the other posters that there is a wealth of information on here, I have already learned a lot.
    2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    The north coast of BC? Well that would be a good test for the Alde!

Welcome.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Welcome!  I joined not long ago and have goy]tten a wealth of knowledge from here.  Just search and you usually find a post or two.
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    Thanx for the warm welcome. Camping in this local area is a good challenge, however, this is a temperate rain forest and rains for days with temps ranging in the high 30s F or 5/6 C. Our camping tarp is close to 1,000sq. ft. Not uncommon to have systems that generate hurricane force winds up here. Just went through a left over hurricane two weeks ago.
    T@B is in the T@B cave hibernating and will awaken in the spring to roam and forage.
    I am on motorcycle forums and well aware of the knowledge associated with devoted forums such as these ones and will not be afraid to ask questions and pass on my knowledge as it is gained.
  • Options
    *perk!* Motorcycle? Picts or it doesn't exist!! There be a few of us enthusiasts here :) [2016 Harley Fatboy S - 3rd HD]
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Oh no, another one of dem.
    I think we should add a motorcycle checkbox on the forum application and if someone checks it they are automatically declined - What do ya think of that Ratkity :-)
  • Options
    PXLated said:
    I think we should add a motorcycle checkbox on the forum application and if someone checks it they are automatically declined - What do ya think of that Ratkity :-)
    *snort* Shuuuuure, Mr. Rainbow Legos (and tires). Meanwhile, while you're creating that script, I'm gonna make off with your photo equipment Muhahahahaha! (dang that tripod is heavy..... what's in it? Lead?)
  • Options
    You must be a weakling, it's light carbon fiber :-)
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    edited September 2016
    PXLated said:
    Sheesh, PXL. The OP signed on as "Capt_KLR"--did ya' really need a checkbox to know where that was headed?  ;-)

Here, now it's about teardrops again...

2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Should probably explain to newbies - I was within 150 miles of the Sturgis ralley, ran into a lot of idiot hells angels wanna be s. So, they're on my annoyed list :-)
    Surprised there aren't more deaths.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    PXLated said:
    Should probably explain to newbies - I was within 150 miles of the Sturgis ralley, ran into a lot of idiot hells angels wanna be s. So, they're on my annoyed list :-)
    Surprised there aren't more deaths.
    You're not the only one that can get irritated with *those* people - I was ticked at our ride leader this past weekend for blowing several stop signs. It only takes one (or a few idiot groups in an entire rally) to make us all look bad (it was a beautiful ride, btw).
  • Options
    Agreed. While common interests (jobs/hobbies/motorcycles/little campers) can open doors to friendships, it doesn't necessarily mean we share the same ideology, or would be pals in real life.

Personally, I stay as far away from group rides and events like Sturgis as I possibly can. I do wave to other riders, though. If they don't wave back, that's fine by me.

Captain, have we scared you off? Still waiting on photos of that KLR!  :-) 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Welcome from a very delighted T@B owner (a 2006!)  in northern AB! T@B has made many long trips to the Yukon! Has been Lessons Learned along the way for sure-even lived in it for 4 months! Love every camp out with my Northern Tabitha. She is needing some fixes at this time-I failed to watch for water getting into it! I am here for ya should you have any questions. Just Enjoy every tabbing moment!
  • Options
    Sorry about the photo size, tried to delete it, can't find a work around.
    Anyway  here's one of them. Can someone one pm me on how to resize for this site and will post pics of the KAR.  Just like tattoos can't have one.
    09 Kawasaki 1700  Vulcan Nomad.
    Nope, didn't scare me away.
  • Options
    Looks like we need to start another love in our life thread!
  • Options
    My Baby; 2016 Harley Fatboy S 

• Options
    We have the same taste in colors! :)
  • Options
    Is black a color? Or just lack of color :-)
  • Options
    PXL, Comes in different shades and hues, so I guess you decide! My guess, a color lacking any other pigment. :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    But if it has a hue/shade, it's not "black" :-) :-)
  • Options
    Ok, 'ya got me! So shaded areas aren't black? You've been spending too much time in the dark! Change that propane tank during daylight hours ;) !
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Hey! No hijacking this thread with some artsy color discussion!

Two more votes for black. Goes best with chrome. Only two colors you need...

(Oh yeah--this was taken right next to where I park the T@B.)
    BBs.JPG 176.4K
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG, We're not highjackers, just hitch hikers! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I don't think you'd like hitching a ride on the back of that little V-twin. My wife "made" me buy the six-banger because it had an ultra-comfy passenger seat.

I resisted, of course, but she always wins in the end...  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG, Personally, don't ride bikes, front, or rear, besides, they won't tow my T@B!  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.