Options

Picking up 2016 CS-S On Monday

JandMJandM Member Posts: 2
Hey now all you T@B folks!  This is John and Mary from on the coast in South Carolina.  We're scheduled to pick up a used 2016 CS-S on Monday and we're very excited....uh-oh...gonna make that jump pretty soon...

We've rented a small Jayco for a week, pulled a lot of boats, and a few office trailers, so we're probably just a little less green than some newbies.  

Been perusing the forum for a few weeks now, and let me say it's been very helpful and entertaining! The "What's in your T@B Tool B@G" discussion is great.  I told Mary about folks doing an overnight at  Walmart, and she immediately gave me a "Don't give me that BS" look.  She's a believer now!

If any of y'all have something that pops into your head regarding your first trip, and you think it's worth passing on so we might learn from your mistakes, let us know.

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    First of all, JandM, welcome! Time to stop lurking, huh? Best advice I EVER got on this forum was to just go out and use the T@B for what you intended when you bought it. Getting your feet wet is the BEST experience you can have. Once you've done that, you'll probably have a whole bunch of questions, soooooo...ask away. We are all here to help, and all new to this at one point! Just make sure in the process of it all, you're having the time of your life. Enjoy your "new" T@B, and have fun! 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! Good luck and we need picts as soon as you catch your breath and remember there's probably a camera on your phone.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Hello from the DragonsFly folks of southeast Michigan. @JandM, we picked up our t@b and towed it home in May. Although we had measured for proper hitch height, we were a bit off and were 1or 1 1/2" high at the connection point. The 100 mile distance home was through torrential rain, sleet and ice. When we arrived I checked to see how the trailer had fared on its first voyage and found everything soaked inside. That slight slant to the rear meant all rain coming in the exterior side a/c vent did not run harmlessly down the drip pan tube but poured into the cabin from the a/c to the back. Floor, upholstery, benches and cabinets needed to be bailed, wiped and dried. Our dealer said nothing about our height or hook-up that first day, so we assumed we were ok. Our tip to you is to make sure the t@b tows virtually level. We changed the hitch height and have been through what folks in the southwest call "monsoon" rains for weeks this summer, towing t@b 10,000 miles in a five week period and stayed absolutely dry except for that first day. No more bailing!

You've probably got the other standard stuff handled so good t@bbing! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I read it's also safer to have a trailer hitched a little lower than higher (best is level). I'm sorry you had that problem, Dragon!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JandMJandM Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments!  TV will be 2011 RAV4 (6 cylinder with tow package).  I currently have a hitch that can either be 2" higher or lower, if you know what I mean...  Will definitely get it level or a little lower!  Hey now!!

Thanks again.  Looking forward to meeting some of you T@Bers in the future! 
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Ratkity, became a learning experience and part of the adventure all in one. Goes on my "won't do that again" list. Thanks for the sentiment though.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.