Options

Trying to sleep with twin bed setup

tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
edited October 2014 in Tips & Tricks
We have recently started sleeping in are tab with just the sofa laid flat. We find it easier to set up and take down.  When using it this way we find that the only thing resting on the outside seats are our legs. Your main body is fully supported by the extended sofa. Makes it much easier to get in and out of bed also since I have a bad back.  Has anyone else tried this?
Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Yes.  When one of my 20-something kids camp with me, that's the set-up we usually use.  My memory foam still lays wheel to wheel, and our hips and shoulders are on it, our heads under the cabinets, and our legs on the bench seats.  I take the side cushions off.  Works great for us.  This photo only has the bedding for one in place, but gives the general idea.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I have done this, too, and it works just fine.  I cut the T@B cushions on the side benches and removed the back seat rest when retiring for the evening, keeping the bottom cushions for our sleeping pad.  This is no big deal, as I don't find any reason to keep them connected.  I think it's a great set-up.  Love the T@B for its versatility!!!    ;)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    tphorntphorn Member Posts: 12
    we found that a twim fitted sheet fits the back soffa part well. We cut the connection on the seat cushions also and put the back cushion under the sofa back when sleeping.  This setup works great.
    Happy 2013 t@b owners Greentown, Ohio
  • Options
    I very, very rarely EVER have the sofa back in the "up" position.  It stays down 99% of the time.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Same here, sofa never gets used, we are camping after all. When it is just me I sleep wheel to wheel in the back and leave the table up or take it out, as the need dictates.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    greggburchgreggburch Member Posts: 7
    As someone who is 6'7", wheel to wheel is not an option. I have found our new T@B quite comfortable to sleep in so far. We have the U configuration, and use the whole bed. I do crack my head on the cabinets above when I sit up from time to time, but no serious damage so far.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391

I just slept in my T@b for the last two nights and marveled at how well I slept. I sleep wheel to wheel with a sleeping bag that has a compartment to hold my Thermarest. This set up is so easy for me because I can simply dump the sleeping bag/Thermarest combo behind the sofa during the day and pull it out at night and I am ready to go!

I am about 5' 9" and don't think I could go wheel to wheel if I were any taller.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    andyheandyhe Member Posts: 20

As someone who is 6'7", wheel to wheel is not an option. I have found our new T@B quite comfortable to sleep in so far. We have the U configuration, and use the whole bed. I do crack my head on the cabinets above when I sit up from time to time, but no serious damage so far.
    You might want to check the pictures I posted on removing the cabinets in our U model.  Yes, we lost some storage but I made up for part of it by installing another shelf in the closet and we also have plenty of storage in our Tacoma tow vehicle.  It made the headroom really nice for us tall people.
  • Options
    When hubby is camping with men we often put our feet under the cabinets, and head toward the front.

• Options
    judymacjudymac Member Posts: 403
    I once saw a forum titled 'how do you make your bed?' I need to find that again or ask here for suggestions. We won't be camping in very cold temps and I don't want to overdo the bedding. I am thinking of water protection in the event a grandchild may have an accident. Thank you for your suggestions.
    Judy and Mike - Central KY 2014 T@B S M@X towed with Chevy Trailblazer   Nights in the T@B:  32