Options

Water Pump ?

When I turn on the water pump it continues to run all the time. I have water at the sink and toilet so it is pumping. All the other RV's I had the pump would only come on when you opened the tap. Is this working properly?
2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Should shut off at some point after you close the spigots when it has the system pressurized.
    Check to make sure there isn't a leak (water or air) if you can.
    Curious - You pumping from the fresh water tank or running from a shore hookup?
  • Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    Fresh water tank. It shows a quarter full. I don't believe the Alde is full so you are probably right about an air bubble. We plan to take it out next weekend for a shake down trip.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I've found that the pump makes gasping noises and doesn't shut off when the tank gets to around 25%. I have a feeling the pump intake hose doesn't reach the bottom of the tank. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    I've noticed when I fill mine up before a trip, the pump runs awhile to fill up the Alde tank, up to 30 seconds or more.  If I turn on the hot water tap and release the air, it will eventually fill it and turn off the pump.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    tabasco_jim, Have you tried putting more water in the fresh water tank? Sometimes you'll get a reading that is not real accurate for fresh water, I know mine did that once also. When I fill the fresh water tank, I move trailer back and forth, side to side and get the air pockets out. Seems to work, you might try it. PXL is right though, once the system has pressure built up, the pump should shut off. Another thought is to make sure ALL your drains are closed all the way, especially the fresh water one behind the step on the passenger side by the passenger side wheel. If they are open at all, you won't build up pressure in the system. Please let us know what you find, thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    wizard1880, Real good point also!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    tabasco_jimtabasco_jim Member Posts: 54
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will fill the tank completely tomorrow and bleed all the air out of the system.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I take it you have the new tank level gauges - From what I've heard from friends/relatives, they're not real accurate.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    I had the same issue on my first outing this season. Upon returning home, I filled the tank, opened all the faucets, and for good measure raised and lowered the tongue a few times while running the water just in case that would help to jostle out any residual air. The pump has worked normally since.

Obviously, this is easier to do at home when you are not worried about your depleting your water supply or filling your holding tank!
    2015 T@B S