Rhino hose deodorizing

How do you keep the rhino flex hose odorless? My nose tells me we did a less than perfect job of rinsing it, so now that we're back from our first 2 overnights, I wonder if we can use a 10% bleach solution to soak it in. And we'll have to do it in segments because we're plumb out of 15 foot long troughs. Or maybe put it in a container with the Camco citrus packet in the water? And swish? Thank you for any suggestions. Judi
John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2016
    @Twojgrams, I use the caps that came with the Rhino to rinse it.

I stretch it out full length with a cap on one end, hold up the other end a bit and fill it with water. Then let it drain, after proper soaking, and rinse. Repeat.  ;)

I usually use washing soda and a bit of detergent. 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Bleach might make the hose brittle if left in too long. A quick rinse (10 min?) might be enough (3% bleach is enough for odor control). I don't bleach my hoses, but rinse them repeatedly and allow them to dry with the caps off in the stinky slinky bin (where the propane is). They naturally air out and I've had no odor problems.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thank you Ratkity and ChanW! Easy peasy. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner