Options

First summer with a T@B in the Colorado Front Range

My wife Genie and I got a T@B this summer out in Boulder. She's an environmental educator and I coach young professionals, entrepreneurs and church planters. I'm a fly fisherman so we have taken it out on a couple of Colorado rivers. I blog about travel, hiking, fishing, and living off grid here: http://godsfaintpath.com/wilderness-travel Looking forward to meeting others with our teardrop passion. We have T@B enviers come by every time we take her out. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Hey, Welcome to you, Front Ranger-Soul!!  I live in Lakewood, Colorado.  Where have you taken your T@B this summer?  Hasn't it been wet-t-t-t-t in Colorado?????  It seems as though there are quite a few "silent" T@B owners in Colorado, and it would be great to see how we could all get together.  I think I need to do some research on that.

Welcome to the Forum.  I've got a couple trips left this season, one up to Carter Lake next weekend.  What do you have for a tow vehicle, and how do you deal with churning up and down these hills here in Colorado?

Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    greggburchgreggburch Member Posts: 7
    Beth, Thanks for responding. We have made two trips up the Poudre Canyon to camp and fish the river. Our son lives in Ft. Collins, and he comes up to fish with me. We spent three days camping with him and his family on the Crystal River near Carbondale in the Aspen Valley last weekend. Drug the T@B over Loveland Pass and Vail Pass twice with our 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. It held 65 up and over the passes, and 70 elsewhere on the interstate. Pretty good with 150,000 miles on it. We head to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and then Zion tomorrow. But, we had made reservations at the two historic lodges about a year ago before we decided to buy the camper, so we are not taking it with us. We hope to go to Moab this winter with it to check it out in winter conditions. Cheers!

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hi Greg and welcome! I spent some time out your way this summer at Mt. Evans, RMNP, near Aspen and a couple of places further west in CO. I love the area along the Crystal River. My address is in PA but my heart is in CO!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014