Options

Dutchman Cool Cat Removal

cranbrookgregcranbrookgreg Member Posts: 2
Looking at buying a 2008 t@b L and do not want the cool cat.  Need the space.  Is it an easy removal?

Comments

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    NO - I've done it twice.  Its big and very heavy.  Thermostat wiring is shared with Atwood furnace.  The outside grill area would need sealing as well as drain holes through the floor.  Cabinet work to take advantage of vacated space..........
    Bring less stuff!!  It makes everything easier.
    Have Fun!
    Bob

• Options
    cranbrookgregcranbrookgreg Member Posts: 2
    What do you mean by cabinet work?  I assume that there is a hole that could be covered with a cabinet door that matches.  My hope was to put a porta potti there.  The cupboard below the sink has the water tank so is unavailable.

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    You may have to join the Yahoo forum.  It has a lot of good info for Dutchman T@Bs.  Probably a good resource if you get this T@B.
    Otherwise - This a big file to attach but its the only other way I know.

• Options
    GeoGeo Member Posts: 160
    cranbrookgreg,
    It is possible to remove and remodel the space taken up by the cool cat.  The best way I have seen is to install a baggage door that fits the opening on the outside.  This closes that hole and makes an outside access door, and possibly a cabinet door on the inside for your chamber pot to slide into.  
    The baggage door concept was used to install a window AC on a slide out tray.  
    As rfuss928 says the Yahoo forum has a lot of info, files, and owner mod pics on the DM T@B's.

Geo
    T@BMahal
    DM #100
    Geo & Liz
    T@BMahal
    '04  #100