Options

New to T@B, very excited

We just bought a 2007 basic T@B and have a ton of questions.  Not sure how the forum works so looking for advice.  Should I post questions on the various categories or post a bunch of questions here?
We live in Wisconsin and have tented for years but advancing age made sleeping in the wet and on hard floors less attractive.  
I have been lurking on the T@B forum when I could not sleep at night for years but now we have our T@B in the driveway I am a bit overwhelmed with stuff I do not know!

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited October 2016
    Cool, welcome to the T@B clan.
    First - if you haven't already - peruse the various categories there to the right and/or try the search (upper right). If you can't find an answer, definetly ask. I prefer individual questions so a thread/post covers a single topic with a searchable title.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Lesley_and_Ian, Welcome.
    The best way to get questions answered is to use the "search" box on the top right hand corner. Simply type in what your particular issue is, and press enter. Usually a bunch of threads will show up, and you might have to look through them before you find what you are looking for. Another way is to go to the "categories" if you know which category your issue is in. Again, you may have to look through to find your particular issue. A word of advise, when you see something you may like, or want for future reference, use the "star" next to the search box to bookmark it for future references, or to refresh your memory. If your issue is not found by these methods, use the NEW DISCUSSION box, and post it. The folks here are really knowledgeable, and very helpful, so stop lurking, and have fun! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome! My you have many days and nights of happy camping :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Lesley_and_IanLesley_and_Ian Member Posts: 66
    Good tip about saving for future reference.  I was wondering how I would find all the info I see in the future.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    The search really works best with a single word. The "star" is great! Sadly, I only figured out that after reading hundreds of posts. There are good lists here for us beginners, and if you Google The Mother of all lists, or similar entries, you'll find many more RV suggestions. Congratulations! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Lesley_and_Ian, Glad to help out if I can. UP, UP, and post away! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    My best advice is camp in your driveway a few nights and get comfortable with your T@B! We tent camped for many years too and got a T@B for the same reasons as you and every trip we say that we should have done this years ago. Camping is fun again!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588

The forum search box performs best with single words like Twojgrams mentioned.
    However, you can search the T@B forum by multiple words and phrases using your browser's search tool with this format.

<my search phrase> site:http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com 

For example, "2007 basic T@B site:http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com" entered into my browser's search bar (without the quotes) lists your post first in the results then other posts related to those keywords.
    For some reason Bing does a better job at this than Google. I use Bing as my default search plus Google occasionally.

2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Lesley_and_IanLesley_and_Ian Member Posts: 66
    I put "2007 T@B" in the search space and got lots of great information and some of my questions answered.  I love the fact that my most "stupid" question was there and answered!!