Options

XL Visor pole

So I set this up for the first time in our driveway. I found that the sleeves on the fiberglass poles hang up badly while inserting into the pocket. Same thing getting them out. Anyone have some insider tips to making this process easier?
2017 T@B Max S, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Birmingham, Al

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Push the poles in, don't pull. So that means the first pole that is inserted is the one with the sleeve on it, so the next pole fits into it. To get the poles out. Unpocket the end pole from the entry point, go to the other side and slowly push the poles through the sleeve - never force the poles through the sleeve. Be careful and try not to pull on the bungie. Hope that helps!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Best thing you can do is to bunch the material up on the receiving end, push it through as far as you can and repeat the process until you get the tip of the fiberglass pole to the opposite end.  That's about all you can do and exercise some patience too as it does get easier with use.   ;)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Yup, what Mike said, just takes some patience and practice.  Not really any different then any tent I have ever had.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Your shock cord may be too long.  Simply remove one the rubber ends and take out some slack. Don't take out so much that you can't fold the pole sections comfortably.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.