Options

television

KCGCKCGC Member Posts: 5
Recently purchased a 2012 T@b, so we have lots of questions. Is the 12 v battery able to power the television system for minimal use?

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Not a regular TV. There are 12V TVs that use power, but they can be power hogs. It also depends on how frugal you are with lights and how long you want to watch TV on battery power and how big your battery is.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    The TVs in the T@B are 12 volt.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Yes, the Jensen systems are all 12V and will run on battery.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Oh, and congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the family!

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    My T@B did not come with a real television (it had a 6" screen over the sink which I quickly discarded). I bought a 12v  19" Jensen along with a matching Jensen receiver/dvd/cd player. The unit runs for a hours and hours on battery power. Watching movies is easy. The only missing part of my system is a tv antenna. The one that came with my T@B only works for the radio. 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Estancio, There should be another outlet right by where you radio antenna is on the outside of the T@B. It has a cover on it that flips open, and has a cable connector on the inside. I took a coax connector, and a set of old rabbit ear antennae, hooked 'em up, and 28 tv stations without cable! See if there is one on your T@B as I don't know which model you have, or if it even came with it. Probably something you could order from Elsie at Pleasant Valley though.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf