Options

What am i doing wrong?

monamona Member Posts: 241
In the process of winterizing. Drained all tanks and opened valves to drain hot and cold lines and Alde. Trying the blow out method with compressor. No water is coming out of faucets in sink or shower. Help!
2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Are you running it at about 25PSI?  Only one valve open at a time?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Yes, I've tried that. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    The drain valves in the floor, near the Alde, are closed?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    How long should i let compressor run before opening valves? 
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ok, part of the reason for confusion on my part, some of the valves do not open and close in the same direction as in the pics for winterizing. Correct me if I'm wrong...parallel to hose is open and perpendicular is closed? 
  • Options
    Profuse use of profanities is not helping. :open_mouth:  Will hang it up for the night, ang get back to it tomorrow.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2016
    Mona, I understand your frustration...

On our 2014, re the drain valves for the lines: the tee-handles need to be pulled up, and the direction the handle points doesn't indicate anything.

The drain valves for the hot and cold lines on ours are little plastic white handles that pop up when pulled, and sometimes require a little persuasion to push back down again, maybe with a twist back and forth. I actually removed the tee-handles on ours and lubricated the inner o-ring to make it work more easily.

Yours might be different.

Photos might help us to know what yours is like. They were changing things in that part of the plumbing during that time.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,468
    mona said:
    Ok, part of the reason for confusion on my part, some of the valves do not open and close in the same direction as in the pics for winterizing. Correct me if I'm wrong...parallel to hose is open and perpendicular is closed? 
    If your hot and cold water drain valves are quarter-turn ball valves like mine (also a 2015 S) you are correct. The specific direction in which the valve opens is irrelevant.

Note that the Alde hot water tank has its own drain valve which is a bit different. It's in the blue line leading into the bottom of the Alde. To open the valve, pull the yellow flap-thingy up so it is perpendicular to the pipe.

Getting back to your original question, if you have drained the lines well, you probably won't get much water coming out of the faucets in the sink or the shower when you blow out the lines. (I don't, though I usually get a pretty good additional surge from the drains.) However, you should be able to feel/hear the compressed air coming out--that should assure you the lines are empty.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited July 2018
    After a bout of whatever stuff is going around, I resumed my attempt to winterize. Figured out that I had apparently forgotten to close valve that empties fresh water tank. Duh. Got all lines blown out with the exception of kitchen faucet. No matter what i do I still hear gurgling water in the those lines. Any suggestions? 
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited July 2018
    mona, Mine did the same thing, even after repeated attempts I could still hear the gurgling sound you are describing. Couple of questions though. Can you feel the air coming out of the faucet? Does any water at all come out, even in a mist type spray? If your answer is yes to both, you've pretty much got all the water out you're going to get, and the gurgling noise is probably the water in the bottom of the trap [I figured that was what I was hearing anyway]. I poured some antifreeze down the sink drain, so if that noise is in fact water in the bottom of the trap, it won't freeze. Hope this helps.
    I can empathize with the "stuff" going around, been fighting mine for a week now. Wish I could use the blow-out method on my sinuses right now!  :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited July 2018
    That makes sense. Thanks! This stuff hangs on forever. Hope you feel better soon.