Options

Any T@B Outback cargo net photos available?

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
edited October 2016 in Camping & Travel
Can any of you out there with the T@B Outback trailers post up some close-up photos of the cargo nets in the valance area of your trailers?   I bought a couple of the nets and would like to see some close-ups of how they are installed in this area before I start drilling/installing any screw holes.  

Thank you!    
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Mike, I took these photos of an Outback in Elkhart. It appears there are small clamps that are screwed to the valance at the front and rear, with one clamp screwed to the wooden strip covering the seam in the ceiling.  I cannot tell if there are additional attachment clamps along the length of the netting.  

I emailed the photos to you in a larger size in case you needed a closer look at the attachments. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thank you!

I did get these cargo nets installed yesterday afternoon and I like them and believe they will come in handy.   The first photo shown would appear that I screwed into the front wood panel below the light switches but those are actually end pieces of the netting.  The screws are installed along the top edge of the wood valance and along the side of the wood that runs up along each side of the valance.  There is one screw and plastic bracket that i did install in the ceiling joint strut and the holes were all pre-drilled for ease of screw installation.  And of course the ceiling screw drilling was done with extreme caution and care.

1.jpg 98.3K
    2.jpg 88.1K
  • Options
    Looks good
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Mike, Lookin' good! Where did you get the netting and plastic brackets?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Looks great!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    JimmyCJimmyC Member Posts: 6
    Looks good! I bought those too, but have been trying to figure out where the clamps went! Did you put them on the net, bungee cord, or both? Thanks !
    JimmyC, 2017 T@B Max S, towed by 2017 Toyota Tundra SR
  • Options
    Ok guys, where did 'ya get 'em?
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    From Elsie at NuCampRV, @ericnliz. They are the cargo nets used in the Outback T@B's.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    I really get a lot of use from the netting on each valance.  Cbarnhill bought matching netting that goes across the back deck.  Looks factory and provides space for light, bulky items.  Hopefully she'll post a photo and the source.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Verna, Thanks, I wasn't sure. 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    JimmyCJimmyC Member Posts: 6
    Ericnliz, you can get these nets in the store. Look at trailer accessories. I have a Max S and liked the idea of having the nets. Not exactly cheap, but made for the T@B.
    JimmyC, 2017 T@B Max S, towed by 2017 Toyota Tundra SR
  • Options
    cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    Here's a shot of my netting in the back. I carry lots of clothes and towels back there. I also purchased 2-nets for the side valances (like the outback has). I got them online from organizedobie.com. A really nice family run outfit. The back one is the 8"x72" barrier stretch net $26.75 and the side panels are the 4"x20" cubby cover net. Really love my back panel. 

Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • Options
    MrAmazonMrAmazon Member Posts: 61
    cbarnhill said:
    Here's a shot of my netting in the back. I carry lots of clothes and towels back there. I also purchased 2-nets for the side valances (like the outback has). I got them online from organizedobie.com. A really nice family run outfit. The back one is the 8"x72" barrier stretch net $26.75 and the side panels are the 4"x20" cubby cover net. Really love my back panel. 

Just ordered a back net from organizedobie.com! So cool... Thanks for sharing! 
    2016 T@B silver Sofitel/Outback combo, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport TV, Kernersville N.C.
  • Options
    MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    I really like these cargo nets! I'm just having a hard time thinking about drilling a hole in my new T@b. :)
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
    cbarnhill, Thanks for sharing! Mudshark, go slow, and measure twice! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Mudshark said:
    I really like these cargo nets! I'm just having a hard time thinking about drilling a hole in my new T@b. :)
    I felt the same way, but if push comes to shove and you ever wanted to remove the cargo nets the holes could easily be filled in with some natural wood colored Elmer's wood filler and you'd never know they were there.  I used it on the rear galley of my former Silver Shadow when I needed to repair a small indentation from an accidental bump.  As long as you stay away from any oil based wood filler you should be fine.  

• Options
    MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    Mudshark said:
    I felt the same way, but if push comes to shove and you ever wanted to remove the cargo nets the holes could easily be filled in with some natural wood colored Elmer's wood filler and you'd never know they were there.  I used it on the rear galley of my former Silver Shadow when I needed to repair a small indentation from an accidental bump.  As long as you stay away from any oil based wood filler you should be fine.  

I made the mistake of showing the wife the cargo net pictures .... I'll be ordering them on Monday. ;)
    We have seen so many great mods that by the time I'm done it will look like swiss cheese! 
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
  • Options
     =) Just installed mine ... Love it!  =)
    2016 T@B silver Sofitel/Outback combo, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport TV, Kernersville N.C.
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Just received my cargo net.  Thought I'd  try installing with 3M Command clear Mini Hooks as I don't want to drill holes.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    @MrAmazon, does this affect being able to open that back shelf to get to the Alde?
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    cbarnhill, Do you have any photos of the side nets you installed? Thanks!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Pop-T@BPop-T@B Member Posts: 199
    Mike, where did you get the coat hook above the light switches by the front door?
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited October 2016
    Those coat hooks come in several varieties: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y7RWHFS
    I haven't tried one yet. I was a little concerned how they mount compared to screwing directly into a wall.
    I hang some heavy stuff on occasion.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    @MrAmazon, does this affect being able to open that back shelf to get to the Alde?
    Nope, the hooks the net attaches to are mounted on the lip of the outer molding.  That back shelf can still be easily lifted out if I ever need to get to the alde glycol tank. 
  • Options
    Mike got the idea for the coat hook from me and I got the idea from @jkjenn!  Great minds think alike!  I like them so much I bought  3 of them, installed 1 next to the light switch like Mike's and one at each end of valences at the rear of the T@B. They are great for hanging coats, Solar Luci lights and UV blocking hats. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    MrAmazon said:
    Nope, the hooks the net attaches to are mounted on the lip of the outer molding.  That back shelf can still be easily lifted out if I ever need to get to the alde glycol tank. 
    Great, thanks!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Verna said:
    Mike got the idea for the coat hook from me and I got the idea from @jkjenn!  Great minds think alike!  I like them so much I bought  3 of them, installed 1 next to the light switch like Mike's and one at each end of valences at the rear of the T@B. They are great for hanging coats, Solar Luci lights and UV blocking hats. 
    And as Verna said to me last time out, "You can NEVER have enough hooks inside the trailer!"   =)  
  • Options

MrAmazon said:
    Is THIS THE ONE you purchased???  
  • Options

Pop-T@B said:
    Mike, where did you get the coat hook above the light switches by the front door?
    I got the hook at Home Depot but see they are also available at Amazon too.  

Image result for KES SOLID METAL Swivel Hook
  • Options
    edited October 2016

MrAmazon said:
    Is THIS THE ONE you purchased???  
    Yessssirrrr... That's it