Options

Attention all Spokane and Pacific NW T@D@ T@B and T@G enthusiasts monthly breakfast

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Two coming from our nest again. I'm looking forward to it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    See you all Saturday 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    If you will be in the Spokane area on the second Saturday of the month. You are  cordially invited to join us for breakfast. Perkins restaurant E 12 Olive. Just off Division South of Spokane river 9:30am. If this is your first time please give me a call or email so I will know to look for you.
    For information contact:
    dalehelman@yahoo.com
    509-220-4022

Our next breakfast is January 14, 2017
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited January 2017
    Just a side note on this one: Folks planning to attend please be careful out there. Today's highway and byways are extremely slick [especially the side streets!]. Weather through Saturday is going to be cold with lots of snow and ice. Believe me when I tell you it's slickery out there. I went down just trying to clear a path to my shop :o:s , and I was being REALLY careful. Freezing rain came down late last night under the snow, so watch your footing today! Be safe out there, give yourself extra time to get where you're going, and look forward to seeing all of you on Saturday!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Icers, that's what you need for your weather!  They are heavy rubber sandal like "slippers" that slip over your shoes/boots. They have "studs" on the bottom that help you keep your traction, just like studded snow tires. 

My first week of retirement was an ice storm....first time I didn't have to go out and put customers back in service!  Anyway, I used my ski/trekking poles and delivered mail and newspapers to my elderly neighbors so they didn't have to go out. 

Check out Lee Valley for theirs, or there are other places to buy similar ones under a different name. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    REI has Yak Trax, sounds like they are similar. They run about $20, cheaper than a broken keister! Driving in this slop is another story.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    75* here ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I just use bubble wrap! Pretty cool popping noise when 'ya hit the dust! =) Painted concrete patio sounded like a good idea last spring, now HMMMMMMMMMMM..not so much :s . Think I'll buy more Deck Over next spring & add sand to it.
    Verna, really? 'Ya just had to rub it in, huh? Want snow cones? Cheap this time of year! ;) You're lucky you're not close enough for a good old fashioned snowball fight! :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    You would win....maybe!  That depends on which sibling you asked!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    If you will be in the Spokane area on the second Saturday of the month. You are  cordially invited to join us for breakfast. Perkins restaurant E 12 Olive. Just off Division South of Spokane river 9:30am. If this is your first time please give me a call or email so I will know to look for you.
    For information contact:
    dalehelman@yahoo.com
    509-220-4022

Our next breakfast is January 14, 2017
    Bump
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Bumping this up. See you all tomorrow!
  • Options
    Ok, it's still early, I'll give a little nudge too! See all who can make it there! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sandi and I are freezing air tails off in Mountain Home ID with Jerry and Vicky on our way to T@B Azona. See you all in a couple of months. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Travel safe! I also got Vicky's email, but didn't realize you guys were joining them for at least part of the trip. Couldn't think of two better traveling companions to be going with! Say hello from all of us you've left to survive the great white north. Yes, I'm jealous, it's 3* outside right now, so I can relate to the freezing tail! :o:s I've been to Mountain Home in the winter, so I can empathize. However...you're headed for a lot warmer weather than we're having here. Keep in touch, and let us know how the trip is going. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Just a side note Dale....I'd bet you traded in the shorts for some insulated pants, huh? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Short sleeves, but no shorts down here yet!  Keep that sweatshirt handy for after sundown ;)

You up can tell the snowbirds--they have short sleeves and the locals think these 60's+ temps are still too cool for that ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    I'd be in shorts & a T-shirt. Temp here just dropped another 2*, now it's 1* outside, Elmer Fudd hat, thick socks, insulated jeans & gloves, insulated boots, frozen mustache & beard! :o:s
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Verna- I was there.  That is exactly what he had on  ;)
    Our SpoT@B breakfasts are awesome!  We always look forward to the second Saturday and great conversations with great people!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs, When yer arthritis gets as bad as mine, 'ya need all the help you can get! Now, if I could figure out a way to get my whoopie cushion heated.... =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    So Eric, you say you need a fire lit under 'ya do you? By the way, it was a balmy 18' this morning when I went out with one of the pups for a while, no coat or gloves it was so warm... 

And, yes to anyone wondering, our monthly SpoT@B breakfasts are just as much fun in real life! (Thanks for the new name, 2Cougs!)
  • Options
    No fire, just LOTS of coffee!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    ericnliz - Loved your Elmer Fudd hat... No put down intended!  With the weather we have been having it was definitely in vogue!  Yesterday seemed downright Spring like at 32!!!  Looking forward to our next breakfast being a bit warmer.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs, Agree about the new name for the meetings! :) Warmer weather is good to a point right now. Back patio flooded during the last semi-thaw. Thank goodness I have an 18 gallon wet/dry shop vac. I had to fill it 5 times to get all the water off. Funny how it doesn't look like that much when you start. After I got all the water off, I looked down the drain [ leach style, into the ground with a 28" x 4" drain pipe with holes drilled in the sides all the way down ], and all but a pin hole was frozen. Took ice melt, and 3 -3 gallon buckets of hot water to thaw it out. Good part was the thaw, bad part was the cold weather that followed. Waskaly widdle wabbit weather anyway! I've always said, living in the Inland Northwest is not for the weak, or faint of heart! Keeps the riff-raff out though! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thought I'd give this a nudge for a friendly reminder that next Saturday is the breakfast get together. Hope every one, and new folks can attend. If you haven't been before, they are not only fun, but informative as well. Kinda like the forum, only up close and in person! It's good to put a smiling face with someone you've chatted with here, so make plans to come join us! 
    Date: 2/11/2017
    Place: Perkins-East 12 Olive, just off Division. Back room in restaurant.
    Time: 9:30
    As always, looking forward to it!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks Eric we are still in California maybe next month if it warms up.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Dalehelman, Ah come on Dale, come join the ice & snow club ! Travel safe, and hope to see you & Sandi soon!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Thanks for this bump up Eric! I wouldn't miss it! 
  • Options
    OOPS, Almost forgot. SpoT@B breakfast! Thanks again 2Cougs for the cool name! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    drpprmt, Here 'ya go, just scroll up for location! If 'ya have any questions, please ask, and hope to see you there. Oh, if you do plan on coming please let us know so we know to look for you, thanks.
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Bump up :-)