Mamba 6 in 1? A good idea?

Or is this a case of trying to be all things and performing poorly at each?

I think I got this image down to 680 x 680 with crop size, but it does look huge.

John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    What is the application? (what challenge are you trying to solve?)
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    We have no air compressor, and 2 iPhones, a Mac book pro,and an iPad which we travel with.The exhaustive discussions about batteries has me concerned about power loss. I wonder if this could be "insurance"?

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    From what I can see, it gets good reviews. Not a bad emergency backup for every day life, not just camping. I like that it has the ability to jump start your vehicle as well and can charge from either AC or DC. I don't think I'd use it as my primary power source; but it'd make a great emergency tool and I'd keep it in my TV.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • kidwarekidware Member Posts: 13
    I carry this with me on all trips ... it has saved us a couple of times.  Once, camped for a week, opening and closing the TV doors to get things (never driving it) and charging phones drew the battery down so the car wouldn't start.  This thing saved us in the middle of no where.  I've also used it to pump up a leaky tire.  Check out Costco - they have a similar device at a great price.
    Lou in Seattle
    2012 LG T@B towed with 2004 Suburban
    Thanks Marknjudy,I was thinking of using the compressor for winterizing soon and doing as you imagined as an ER tool in the TV. There's a current coupon with a <$90 price. Will kick it around a bit.

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Twojgrams, Can you share where you found that price, and who offers the coupon?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    I swear by these things (mine is a Costco model $79).  Got me out of several jams over the years.  Just remember to take it out of the vehicle on the first of each month, plug it into your house outlet to recharge.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Good to get an extension cord that plugs into your cigarette lighter.  Amazon has a 12' one for about $6.  I needed one to get at a back tire.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    I didn't know if it was ok on the forum-it's a groupon-$89.99. The product reviews are mixed, but I'm an optimist. I did confirm it has a regulator for the compressor function, don't want to blow up the Tabitat before we really know how to use it!

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    I have been looking at this type of device as well.  I think I finally decided to go with the much smaller, lighter power pack that VERNA and/or MIKE previously reported.  Outback- did the compressor work well?

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909

Twojgrams said:
    Thanks Marknjudy,I was thinking of using the compressor for winterizing soon and doing as you imagined as an ER tool in the TV. There's a current coupon with a <$90 price. Will kick it around a bit.
    These tiny emergency compressors do not produce enough volume for blowing out the water system for winterizing.  I would expect a shop vac exhaust might be a better choice if a larger compressor is not available.