Options

Jensen TV or T@B antenna issue....

LorenOLorenO Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in Products and Accessories
I'm testing out my new 2015 T@B clamshell...all seems fine except the 2 Jensen tv's.... they cannot find any stations when in "air" mode....wondering if others have had issues with them? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I believe the antenna is for the radio, not, TV. You can get antennas through the LG that connect to your cable in outlet.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    You're right...what was I thinking.....thanks for jogging my brain
  • Options
    FYI, I picked up this little antenna from Amazon for $12 and can get all of the stations available in my metro area. It is surprisingly good. It won't help if you are really far away from a broadcast area, but it really does well, considering the price.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    I picked up one similar to this at Wal-Mart, and it does fairly well.  It can be permanently mounted, but I didn't because sometimes I get better reception by moving it around.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I think I am going to give in to the telescoping pole idea. The last two trips I have not been able to get anything... ...and while I don't camp to watch tv, I do like it for rainy days, and access to weather. I have bouth a Winegard internal flap, and one of those little tiny external magnet mount jobbies. Fine for flat, suburban semi rural areas.. but not in the "holler."
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes. On my last outing it was rainy and I spent the evenings inside. Sometimes I get tired of DVDs.... and would rather watch a college football game or like you said, catch the weather.

• Options
    Does the Winegard antenna attach to the outlet on the outside of the T@B or must it attach to the back of the tv?
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    either. Both care coax (cable tv) connections. I use my wineguard inside... and when camping with cable access, simply screw that cable back in. I have a splitter, but the problem right now is that the winegard has about 20 feet of cable where I needed three, and I do not have a crimping tool to shorten it.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    I would roll it and cinch it with some ties. You never know when that spare wire will come in handy!

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Unless you are in close proximity to a large metropolitan area your reception is going to be limited.  Additionally, when you are camping in mountain or hilly terrain or when they are between you and the largest broadcast area your reception will be difficult as they are similar to cell phones in that they are "directional" or line of sight devices.  I normally carry along 30-40 DVD's with me in a jacketed/zippered storage case and pop in a movie and kick back in the evening and watch it.  Occasionally I'll luck out and get TV reception, but don't count on it as most of the places I camp are remote and away from civilization.  I normally catch up on news & world events via my iPhone when I am traveling and can catch a good WIFI signal at a Macky D's or when I am on high ground and have a few available bars.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options

Mike, I am with you on the DVDs. Where I camp, it didn't seem worth it to invest Ina. More expensive antenna. It was nice to go watch football in the T@b last weekend in my backyard, though! :)

One reason I need to work out the hum on my entertainment system is so I can use my tablet to play videos on the TV, too.

I wish you could get a "Pay as you go" subscription for satellite radio. It would be worth getting one for the house and camper if you could. I have it in my Jeep, but really not keen on paying a second subscription.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I have three blue tooth speakers here at the house and have one stored in my Silver Shadow and stream my music to the speaker via my iPhone and do so in a manner that doesn't offend or intrude on others when I am camping and traveling.  The speakers in the trailers are nice, but it was irritating this summer when some folks played their music too loudly at their campsite and virtually forced their selections of music onto others.  Don't get me wrong here as I love music, appreciate most genres, etc.  This occurred in several campgrounds and also at the rally and I was glad to pull out of my site afterwards and head home as I had had quite enough and others had had enough too.  I don't mean to rant here or point fingers, but it made the final few days less enjoyable and uncomfortable because it was offensive.   And rather than confront, offend and leak people off, Linda and I left the area and found something else to do.  Had the owner of this trailer parked the unit with the galley facing toward the woods no one would have cared or even said anything about it, but it was way too loud and the sound was projecting outwards from their galley area toward other campers who were in closer proximity than me....  People need to understand that sound carries and travels a long way and that not everyone appreciates loud music when camping and when trying to enjoy nature and their surroundings.  I live on a small lake here in Michigan and can oft times hear expletives from boats out on the water and are quite a distance away from my home.  
  • Options

You mean they crank up their outdoor TV/radio? I try to keep mine as low as possible and it is inside, and that is when my head is right next to the speakers. When I was out camping alts time I slept so soundly because the sites were so far apart and it was dead quiet!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm saying that they had speakers mounted out back in the galley, lifted the galley door up and were playing CD or iPhone music loudly for quite a while (via their mixes) and not thinking about, nor were concerned about the other people who were camped near and around them. Music can certainly be medicinal and soothing if played in such a manner, but when you broadcast and telegraph it out in a loud manner it becomes more irritating and annoying than anything else.  People came up to me and noted how upset and annoyed they were with it and couldn't believe that these folks had no regard for their feelings or respected their space therein.  I believe that these folks were good people and all that, they just didn't realize how much their music was carrying in the area and kept on, even when one camper politely asked them to turn it down some as it was too loud.