Options

Frame Cracks

sabelsabel Member Posts: 283
Have a 2015 Outback and discovered cracks in the frame while inspecting things. Cracks are on both sides where the tounge channels bolt to the trailer frame. Has anyone else experienced this?
Our T@B has never been off road.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Please call NuCampRV (formerly Pleasant Valley) Monday morning (phone numbers at the right side of this page) and talk to Ed in the warrantydepartment, please. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Are you carrying anything on the tongue of the trailer?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Nothing on the tongue except the standard aluminum box with battery and propane tank. Light items on the Outback platforms like chalks and waffel blocks.
    Weighed the hitch weight when we bought the trailer ( fully loaded ) as less than 200 pounds. Nothing out of the ordinary in the trailer either. Do carry partial tank of water occasionally.
  • Options
    Update: I had a local welding shop repair our T@B's frame cracks. I also had them remove the aluminum battery box in order to inspect the tongue framing ( a-frame ). The dealer had a real novice install the box. There were over 8+ extra holes drilled in the top flange of the channels ( concealed under the box ), both sides of the tongue. That's before he actually got the box screwed to the frame still mis-aligned. It appears that the "A-Frame" was weakened enough to flex and crack the frame further back at the first rivets. The "A-Frame" channels had to be repaired and stiffened as well as the axle framing. The battery box was reinstalled, correctly this time.
    Repair bill was $424.00.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Did the welding shop feel the cracks were a direct cause of the hack installation by the dealer? 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Boo, looks like the dealer, not PV were responsible for the sloppy install job.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Ya, I'd say the dealer also - May be able to get reimbersed and the factory could apply some pressure on the dealer so it still might be worth a call to the factory.
  • Options
    I have been in contact with Nucamp. Ed was at a loss as to what would cause the cracks. It was fairly obvious to me and welding shop when they removed the box. But couldn't prove the cause. All welded up and painted now. With 11,000 miles on the T@B just glad it got fixed before it got any more serious.  
  • Options
    sabel said:
    Wow! Get this!
    Just received a check from NuCamp for the full repair cost. 
    You would'nt get that kind of service with any other RV manufacturer.
    Thanks NuCamp.
    That is great news, @sabel!  Thanks for posting the resolution. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Wow is right - That's what I love about the company - always work with ya and are reasonable to the extreme.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Member Posts: 194
    NuCamp does stand behind their product without quibble, even if it wasn't their fault.  There aren't many companies out there like that anymore.
    Allie
    Condo A-Go-Go
    2018 Casita Spirit Dlx (KONDO)
    2017 Tacoma (AH GOGO)
    S. UTAH
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Kudos to NüCamp!  That is truly above and beyond considering this really looks to be the fault of the dealer.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Still love our T@B. Just wish we had somewhere we could get reliable service. So far , except for the welding, service and repairs have been minor. Not sure what to do if something goes wrong with the Alde 
  • Options
    Shhhhhh, @sabel, don't jinx it! 

(The forum is here and there are 800 numbers to call for Alde.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    edited December 2019
    Moderator note:

I've closed this older discussion and moved the recent comments to this newer thread. Please post any current comments or questions about frame cracks there. You can refer back to this thread if needed for historical reference. Thanks!
    2015 T@B S

This discussion has been closed.